1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Britney's dive into sleaze

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Britney's dive into sleaze

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/showbiz/articles/9960066?source=Evening Standard

By Andre Paine, Evening Standard
    29 March 2004

She kissed Madonna on stage and drunkenly married a childhood friend for 55 hours, but Britney Spears's new live show is her most shocking performance yet.

[​IMG]
    The 22-year-old, wearing pink underwear with stockings and suspenders, cavorts with a male dancer and writhes suggestively on a bed as she tries to win over an older audience.

It remains to be seen whether fans have tired of her attempts to shock with revealing outfits and erotic dance routines. The world tour is not a complete sell-out and tickets are still on sale for her rare UK dates.

Spears, who performed at Miami's American Airlines Arena last night, had already promised her tour would be "more wild and adult". In the show, screened on American TV, Spears straddled the dancer on the bed, kissed him and let him touch her breasts.

She also slipped off a bathrobe and appeared to be naked before writhing around in a bath singing Touch Of My Hand in front of a backdrop of men and women simulating masturbation.

She gyrated her hips in the face of a male dancer dressed as a bellboy and with a female dressed as a French maid. In a frilly corset and knickers, Spears also performed with four near-naked female dancers, writhing over chairs and their bodies and letting them grab her bottom and rub her legs. British fans will first see the Onyx Hotel Tour at Wembley Arena on 26 April.

Her latest look is a world away from the girl-next-door style which made her famous with her hit Baby One More Time in 1999. But recently the effort to maintain her success has appeared to force her off the rails. She hinted at her troubles during the show, saying: "The last couple of months have been kind of a rollercoaster. There have been a lot of ups, a lot of downs."

Spears joked about her quickly annulled January wedding to childhood friend Jason Alexander, asking the audience: "Any of you guys feeling lucky? Because if you are lucky I might marry you."

#1 Faos, Mar 29, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2004
  2. drapg

drapg Member

Was this the show broadcast on Showtime last night????

Why did I watch "Dream Job" instead?????

Better yet, why did I forget to TIVO this bad boy!

Damn! :mad:

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

disgusting..

you say its comes on showtime... hmm

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

sleaze or not, britney's still hot.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its nice to see that after so many years she is nearing the end of her journey down the road to irrelevance.

she will be doing p*rn w/in 3 years...mark my words.

6. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

And this is a bad thing????

7. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

The video presentation of this concert was very annoying. The quick shots, side angles, back of audience heads view, and cheesy special effects contributed to my nausea. The only saving grace was her awesome talent.

8. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Are kids allowed in to see the concert?

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Hey, that chick on Dream Job was pretty hot last night...You know Kornheiser wanted to look down at her mini skirt during the PTI segment...

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Drop the crackpipe and slowly back away

11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I just had a disturbing thought...she looks like Ashton Kutcher.:(

12. drapg

drapg Member

I must oh so totally disagree!

13. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

she's starting to take a dive into krispy kreme as well

14. drapg

drapg Member

Umm... are you kidding me?

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

What's up with the male dancer in the picture. He looks like an Uzbekistan p*rn star. And WTF us up with the checkerboard melon on the dude? Hilarious!

16. drapg

drapg Member

If doing that to myself is what it takes to touch Britney's lovely breast, mark me down.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

So, when did BS give up on being a "Christian role model" to the little girl fans of hers?

That day of becoming a p*rn star is getting closer and closer for her.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who cares? I watched this crap for about 5 minutes. Now, I have no objection to sex or nudity on TV, and in fact, I wholeheartedly support it, but seriously, why would I want to watch Britney writhing around showing only PG-13 level skin to incredibly bad lip synched music, when you can see much worse (better...) on most Skinemax flicks or the internet? No thanks.

19. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

What sucks is that the concerts are going to be full of teens and she is putting on a sex show now. She is setting herself up for a hell of a backlash.

Britney will be in Playboy within 2 years and doing a DVD for them at the rate she is going. After that, what is left for her to do? I really don't think she has much talent anyway, and now she is using sex to sell records. Christina on the other hand has talent, and using sex kind of made people not recognize that.

But hey she has a ton of money, so I guess she can do whatever she wants.

20. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I definitely think there's a problem with panties being up butcracks, but I'm thinking it's not Britney's problem...