1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Brian T. Smith] Don't be surprised if Rockets sign Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jun 27, 2016.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

It would be a funny signing in one sport history if they sign both Lin and Parsons, but do not surprised if one of two is on the rockets sooner or later.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, no thanks. Lin is a better player than what we saw in his brief time here, but he's not good enough to warrant whatever overpriced contract he'll command this summer. And hell no to Parsons. The dude is overpaid and can't even stay healthy anymore. Knee problems are no joke. Just ask former Rockets Tracy McGrady and Ralph Sampson.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah well don't be surprised if I never buy tickets or merch ever again.

1 person likes this.
  4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Not saying I wouldn't be very disappointed, but I get the reasoning:

Given what Clutch said about Rockets wanting DMo back, I feel like he'd split time with Capela at Center, leaving that position pretty much filled. MDA is the type of coach that would prefer an oversized SF starting at PF rather than a true stretch 4, so I could see how the Rockets would target another SF to start next to Ariza, but also back him up too. For the same reason, I can see Harden getting more looks at SF in small lineups. That'll free up some guard minutes and given that Terry is probably going to retire and Lawson washed out, we need a combo guard that can play point but slide to shooting guard in smaller lineups. Who fits those descriptions???

Parsons and Lin...

(but personally I think I'd prefer Batum, Williams, Barnes, Deng to Parsons. Sorry to say I can't think of a PG that makes more sense than Lin...not saying I'm happy about it though).

5. rockets13champs

Im taking parsons at 15-18 mill not higher

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wut? hell no to Parsons, dude is damaged goods. If we're gonna overpay somebody I'd rather pay Batum 25M, Barnes 22M **** even Courtney Lee at 14M sounds better than Parsons.

I have nothing against the due but in the time he's played in Dallas he's done nothing but get critical injuries in his knees. And this is only if you disregard his back spasms, douchebag personality and tendency to get owned by other SFs who are decent defenders like Batum and Ariza.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, he was kidding? Or is that dis-credit to you??? :grin:

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No thank you @ Parsons

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You see, Brian T. Smith....the funny thing about that is that I would be very surprised.

10. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This move would be so terrible that i'm sure Les is seriously considering it.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Lin I could see, Parsons is a looongshot. Bad knees, probably going to be overpaid, and I think he deep down probably holds a grudge against the Rockets for not matching that deal a few years ago.

12. rockets13champs

He spoke about it. He understands it put houston in a tough situation.

13. AlisonWondrland

I've been calling this since February and since I've gotten onto ClutchFans. I know most people are against this but it actually makes sense. Lin has improved since he was last here. Yes he has to work on his TOs but his familiarity with MDA's game plan helps. Parsons gives us that length at the 3 that can play the 4 when playing small ball. He is able to stretch the floor when playing the 4 stop. His injury problems are obviously a big issue but I believe that is his biggest downfall. James Harden didn't have to worry about chucking up so many 3s when he had both Parsons and Lin so he had his best 3pt% during the year that they were together (2014). The chemistry that they had before could be back.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Les moved the team to Shanghai

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

We need more length, more play-making, and more shooting all over the floor. Parsons and Lin qualify... at the right price. Also Batum? Marvin Williams?

17. conquistador#11

playing that "i'm coming home" song would be the most enjoyable part of the season.

18. chandlerbang21

Morey has an unhealthy fetish with signing former rockets players so no doubt he would consider it

19. chandlerbang21

And we understand that his knees are shot

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What's Omer Asik doing nowadays? We still need a center.