1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Geltzeiler interview on 1560

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

They probably want a lot more than just Martin but I hope we at least try.

How about Martin, Dragic & Scola for Big Al ? That way they can get rid of Harris who they are trying to trade. Maybe Morey can facilitate a 3-way deal.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Funny how changing one player in a trade can turn the trade from horrible to appealing

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

That would leave us too thin at the guard positions and leave a big scoring gap IMO.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The think about adding free agents from the Rockets perspective is simply that we WILL NOT overpay for a player. We're not going to offer some free agent max money when they aren't worth max money. With that being said, we're not really going to be participating in restricted free agent offer sheets because we are only going offer a contract that represents appropriate value, which would obviously be matched by the original team, unless they get a huge case of the stupids.

With that in mind, at this time there are only two guys that are possibly going to be unrestricted (if they decide not to exercise their options) that are worth max contracts:

1. Dwight
    2. Deron

There is another unrestricted FA who may be able to start a bidding war for his services, however he is not worth a max contract:

Omer Asik

There is a player that will probably exercise their early termination option in lieu of a longer term contract and who may be able to generate a bidding war of his own team doesn't lock him up

Gerald Wallace

There's a couple old fading superstars coming off max deals who may be available for smaller deals, say $20/2year deals....maybe

1. Tim Duncan
    2. Kevin Garnett

There's a couple young guys who are restricted, that if they don't sign extensions should get offered max or close to max dollars on an offer sheet.

1. Love
    2. Gordon (likely not max, but will get a substantial offer that N.O. will likely match)

Everyone else is middle of the road players....worth around MLE or less, or are restricted and most likely will get an extension (Gallinari) or represents a significant risk if signed to a substantial offer sheet and their home team doesn't match (Anthony Randolph).

That's 2012 free agency. If we don't get in on the Dwight/DWill sweepstakes or get in on trade for Love/Gordon before the deadline, we are not likely going to offer substantial dollars to a free agent save for the possibility of Asik at $10+ million per season.

5. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

PG:Lowry/Flynn
    SG:KMart/Chase
    PF:Gasol/Patterson
    C:Dally/Patterson
    F:???/Chase/Morris

Nasty Nasty. I think that would make us real close to championship contention. Get a mean defender for the forward and a decent C backup and ideally a PG backup.

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

It doesn't work anyway hehe, just Martin & Dragic and I don't think Utah is willing to part with Big Al for a SG and a PG unless they can unload Harris.

A fantasy trade:
    - Rockets send Scola to the Nets, Martin & Dragic to Jazz
    - Nets send Morrow to Rockets and Petro to Jazz
    - Jazz send Big Al to Rockets

Works in the trading machine ;)

7. Sanity2disChaos

I agree.....they have a stable full of bigs and something will have to give eventually.....AL.Jeff+Miles for fill in the Blank_________

I really like Big AL (STUD) and Miles had become a player in the league ...

Been awhile but......Immmmmm baaaaacccckkkk !!!

"IT IR WRITTEN"

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Scola and Dragic + 2007 busts for Pau then bring in Sergio Llul!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lowry would not be as good on the Lakers as Dragic would, he would not have the ball in his hands as much and his shooting would suffer, Dragic would be a better fit as the starting PG there.

Lowry pushes the ball and the Lakers are old old old...he would be running by himself.

DD

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

CP3 is overrated, since his knee issues he has been only a slightly above average PG. Lowry was playing like the #2 PG, but he has thrown up a lot of bomb 3s the last 4 games and isn't hittin them like he was to start the season. I'm not concerned really, but hope he stops because we can use every possession we get.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh lord...lol.

CP3 is the best PG in the game.

DD

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

why are they even rehashing trading for Gasol when he didn't even want to be in Houston. He even said as much in the media that he didn't want to be a part of a "rebuilding" team.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Spot on. I'm afraid Dragic would be very, very good playing off Kobe.

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

:confused: Are you kidding me ? You really think that Dragic would be better than Lowry ? This message forum is ridiculous at times........

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Rose>CP3

16. anchel

anchel Member

Where is the credit in benching people and shorten the rotation?

17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

4:50 mark.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would do this trade. I like Pau but no way I give up too much for a 31 year old power forward. I might even add a conditional 1st round pick but but that would be it.

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Buddhinger made me chuckle

but thanks for the recap, nice to hear a validation of what most of us see between McHale and the team