1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Cushing's Status (Torn LCL and break)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by BleedsRocketRed, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Really sucks how Cushing has gone down twice. Both low hits.

2. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Why did it have to be Cushing again...I woulda gone after Charles more than the play after.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If i was a LB, i wouldve gone for his knees...seriously...

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Just tackle him from behind. Grab his hair. The end.

5. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It's not how many times you fall down but how many times you get back up. Life is tough but I'm the toughest SOB it's ever seen. Ill be back</p>&mdash; Brian Cushing (@briancushing56) <a href="https://twitter.com/briancushing56/statuses/392093871426895872">October 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It's not how many times you fall down but how many times you get back up. Life is tough but I'm the toughest SOB it's ever seen. Ill be back</p>&mdash; Brian Cushing (@briancushing56) <a href="https://twitter.com/briancushing56/statuses/392093871426895872">October 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. SevenMinuteAbs

If we were going to give him the "EXACT same contract", then what are you b****ing about?

We're a top5 defense with him and without him I guarantee we're not even top 15. The difference with him on and off the field is night and day. Players like Cush aren't a dime a dozen. Theyre not. He's easily, without a doubt our most important player on defense.

9. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

This. After Cushing got injured last season, the defensive drop-off was stark. When you have the opportunity to extend a player who has such a big impact on your team, you do. Every single time.

There is no way the Texans could have predicted this. It's a risk every single team in the NFL takes when they extend a player.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Man.. :(

11. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Sucks Cush is out, but dont really get the level of hate Charles is getting. He tried to cut block a guy, something every RB does in every game.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

And then another OL will tee off on his knee.

13. SevenMinuteAbs

Yeah, as a former wr I can say that it was a clean hit. The nature of chopping is dirty but this was face up, a routine block.
    The hit last year, however, was cutting back and that one was dirty and uncalled for.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I know the block was legal, i just feel crushed for Cushing... So hard to be playing after an injury, and then only to have another untimely injury once again at game#6...

This guy is the heart and soul of our defense...and how hard he goes, our defense goes...without his presence out there, the Texans are going to be so much worse on defense.

This season is pretty much over...oh and btw...we have 2 games against Indy, NE and Denver...and we are 2-5(ouch.)

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Htown_****tard - you have to be the dumbest person I have seen post in here in a while. Do you watch the games? Last I checked Cushing is a top 5 ILB. You obviously had one to many beers. Nobody is happy with the outcome but to come on here and say the Texans are stupid to resign Cushing is just plain ignorant. Do us a favor and ban yourself already. K thanks.

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

yo kid,

you think you are smart, but you aren't. take a look at his game by game PFF ratings & then get back at me.

until then, shut your mouth.

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

and all along i said the texans should have waiting until the end of this season to resign him. Even cushing thought it was odd for the texans to hand him that contract after his ACL. do yourself a favor and look at the quotes i put earlier in this thread.

18. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is all about the terms of the contract. Examine the terms versus the timing of both the injury and Cushing's impending free agency. The only real cost is McNair's cash. It is a cap friendly deal.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Agreed. Feel awful for Cushing to get another season ending knee injury, but this was just a freak injury that's bad luck. It was a clean chop block that unfortunately connected directly to the knee.

For those advocating the block was illegal, then almost every run play we execute would be illegal as we often take defensive linemen out by chop blocking them with the ZBS scheme.

Bad luck for Cush from a legal chop. Those fans calling for Charles's knees are as classless as those cheering Schaub's injury.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is a pattern. McNair extended Schaub with a "super star" contract before the season coming off a serious injury. Neither move made sense. See how they recover and play, then reward them.