1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Cushing's game changing interception (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by GageD, Sep 10, 2013.

1. GageD

GageD Member

I think this needs its own discussion. :grin:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3lrd6yHUXSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mercilus pressure made this play happen!!!

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Mercilus came free. Rivers either didn't recognize the blitz or just tried to throw where it came from. But no TEs or backs to protect against a blitz can be bad news...and it was there because Cushing saw the all out pressure and knew Rivers had to throw to his first look b/c of the time

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Not trying to bring off topic but I'm really starting to grow a man crush on Joe Mays. Guy lays people out.

4. the shark

the shark Member

This play happened because Cush was watching Rivers eyes, and made a great diving catch.

Very happy for Cush as he worked his @$$ to get back on the field.
    All the talk has been on how Peterson came back from the injury, and finally today I heard Cushing getting some praise as well.

5. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

yea he does..

[​IMG]

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

He was all over the field last night; very impressive.

7. tmacfor35

Is he young with a chance to improve?

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Sorry if this is obvious, but was this interception more on:

A. Cushing's ability to recognize that that the blitz was unblocked and thus commit to who he believed was Rivers' safety valve (Woodhead)

or

B. Rivers' unwisely choosing to throw it to Woodhead when he could have dumped it to Ladarius Green, the TE who lined up across from Mercilus, and thus sprang free because Mercilus blitzed

Watching the clip, as soon as Cushing sees Mercilus blitz unblocked, he immediately moves towards Woodhead rather than the undefended Green. Either Cushing knew that Woodhead would be the safety valve or he saw that Rivers' eyes were always locked onto the Left side of the field.

9. Grinds

Grinds Member

Great play in an otherwise subpar game by Cushing... granted he hasn't played in a while, plus coming off injury.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

not that young.

he's 28. he'll be with us for only 1 year unless he blows up and sign another contract.

11. tmacfor35

He had a great game.

12. lean

lean Member

13. lean

lean Member

14. Grinds

Grinds Member

Nah... he wasn't his usual self.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I thought Cushing looked "slow" for most of the game. Takes awhile to get up to "game" speed.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I think Cush is ready whenever the whistle blows. It's great to have him back, and locked up every Sunday for awhile is good news.

Go Texans!!

17. Nook

Nook Member

Cushing was terrible in the first half.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

To be fair, I don't think there's a single player on the team that had a good first half outside of maybe Andre Johnson. I'm giving Cushing a free pass because it was his first half of real football in close to a year, so it's natural for him to favor his knee, and be tentative. In that second half though, he was freaking NAILS. Great show by the whole team.

19. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

I saw that too. Early in the half he was the only one that show up on team wade

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Just listening to that pro-Houston crowd is incredible. I flew to the New England Monday Night game last year, and that was a great experience getting to hang out with Houstonians, and taking over Boston for the weekend. However, I can't help but feel like the trip was marred by that abysmal performance by the team. This time though, I'm so happy for the fans that went to the game, because that will be an experience they will never, ever forget. I daresay we are becoming one of the best traveling fan bases in the country. I'm willing to bet that we are going to see a huge number of Texans fans at every road game this season, which is just plain awesome.