1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Cushing tears ACL, out for the season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 9, 2012.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

While all of this may not be true, it feels good to have fans and the team know everyone will rally together and continue the success.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

GB won the SB without Finley, Driver, Woodson just to name a few. The Giants dealt with injuries last year as well.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I hope it's a few-week thing and not season-ending. It's too early in the season to lose someone on a dirty play like that.

Here's hoping it's little to nothing wrong. :(
    I replayed it as soon as I noticed it. The YouTube video posted earlier is the replay, not the game-play video. You can see Slausen eyes Cushing, goes DIRECTLY to his knee.

F#)$@%@)&^)(*,I'm pissed. :mad:

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, if anything, we are fortunate to have made it to this point of the season with no major injuries. This isnt a curse or anything like many have been stating. This is just football and every single team deals with injuries to key players.

5. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

It's a bad loss but injuries are part of the game. Seems like most of the teams out there have lost at least 1 impact player so hopefully we can pull through. Dobbins was solid in replacement and hopefully Sharpton can come back and contribute.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

True although that was a crappy way to try to block someone.

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Dobbins had a great preseason, and hits RB's very well.

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Yes, first thing I started wondering is what is Sharptons status. Does anyone have any updates? I know he is on the PUP or IR where he can come back after week 6 or 8.

Is he practicing though and how is he looking? Cushing is a monster and there will be no way to replace him but at least we have some bodies to plug in, I hope.

We have to hope JJ does not come back down to Earth and stays on this torrid pace he has set. Hopefully this will be something the team can rally around.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Here's to hoping that the MRI shows a minor tear...

The Texans play only 2 games this month...and play the Bills on the 4th of November...almost a full month...assuming the best...we are looking at atleast by Mid december or playoff time...:(...This team needs his leadership...

I like what Dobbins can do...but we need depth...badly...

I wasnt sure if Reed can drop back to inside...and have Mercilus play OLB...I just dont know if Reed is quick enough to do so...:(

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't follow the Texans (or nfl) much at all, but what is Brian Cushing's NBA equivalent?

Is he like what Garnett is to the Celtics? Or maybe Ginobili to the Spurs?

11. conquistador#11

if you would tell me cushing is the only injury we would have, I'd take it. But for some odd reason in the nfl, when one injury happens it suddenly turns into final destination. I'm knocking on wood crucifixes.

12. jae713

jae713 Member

Torn ACL here. The doctor tugs on your knee a certain and can pretty much tell if it's torn or not. MRI will only confirm it.

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I dont even know if you can make this comparison...but he is like Artest on the 09 Rockets team. A hard nosed player.

14. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

5-0 would have been much sweeter if it wasn't for the injury! :(

Here's hoping that it's just a severe knee sprain.

I hate this so called Houston sports curse!!!! :mad:

15. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Anterior drawer test. The doctor yanks on your knee while laying down and if your knee gives no resistance to the forward movement of the lower leg, its pretty much a torn ACL. MRI only confirms the diagnosis.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Could also be partially torn. He was able to walk off the field. Had he not been able to walk at all, I'd say it were completely torn, but this wasn't the case. He was a tough mother effer to walk it off, if so. :( I hope no.

:cool: Get well soon, Cushing.

17. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Seemed to be in pain with the test...but who knows...Hoping the MRI gives news...

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What was your parent's punishment for raising you so poorly?

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Walking forward has no correlation with fully torn or partially torn ACL.