1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brewers expected to hire David Stearns as GM

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rocketpower2, Sep 20, 2015.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brewers?src=hash">#Brewers</a> expected to name David Stearns their new GM.</p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/645715937279242241">September 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This stinks. Good for Stearns though, he will be a star.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Cardinals will now be hacking the Brewers computer system.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

i call sabotage on the gomez trade.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yes, new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brewers?src=hash">#Brewers</a> GM David Stearns is only 30. But Theo Epstein, Jon Daniels and Andrew Friedman all became GMs when they were 28.</p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/645927668819566592">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

I'm 27, what am I doing with my life?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You have about a year before you're a failure.

6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Well, you're doing a crappy job with the Texans Mr. Rick Smith.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

LOL no kidding. I've been wondering what in the hell Rick Smith has been doing with his life as well.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Red Sox starting official GM hiring process. Well-regarded Astros director of player development Quinton McCracken is interviewing.</p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/646030705999216640">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

The league is showing the Astros the most sincere form of flattery right now.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Astros’ farm system’s director has a hazy future with the organization

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ha... this reminds me of the Godfather.

"You're not a war-time Consigliere, Tom..."
    [​IMG]

Luhnow shifting gears to making sure the MLB team is as maximized as possible... also insulating himself so there aren't any potential "future Luhnows" (as he was with the Cardinals) that leave and steal secrets.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Luhnow playing chess. Wouldnt be surprised to see every higher up position being broken down and 'compartmentalized'.

"Ill teach you some things, but I wont teach you everything" - Luhnow.

13. Major

Major Member

Crane wouldn't - or shouldn't - be OK with that. If Luhnow ever left for any reason, the team would be screwed.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm guessing that would be true with most organizations who have successful GM's who spontaneously decided to leave.

Actually, I'm not sure where/when that actually happens... usually the GM is fired and they're bringing somebody else in who ends up cleaning house anyways (or if they're promoting from within, they're choosing a guy who they feel can do the job well).

As it is, I don't think that's what Luhnow is doing anyways... they've probably maximized what they feel they can with some of the non-integral front-office staff, and its never a bad thing to bring in some fresh new ideas or give people new assignments to avoid some complacency.