1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

I know, another Brewer thread... but dang, this guy plays with some serious energy.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Time to limit your thread starting privileges.

1 person likes this.
  3. brooksstephens

Cool thread, bro... way to jump-start a very interesting discussion

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

only Rocket with heart tonight

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Lol. He even admitted that it was a super thread by continued to post his single comment that was the most obvious observation of the game

6. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

And yet you follow up with such insightful comments. Way to jump on the bandwagon.

7. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Not sure what bandwagon you're talking about. I'm just being bitter about the loss.

To add to your thread; you think Brewer would have gone down in best individual performance history had he hit that last 3? Better than the 13 in 33?

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Way better than what we had last year

Has potential to drop 50 points in a game

9. jimmy1234567890

Is it time to start Brewer and bring ariza off the bench?

10. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Yeah you are the most annoying person on here. If you aren't complaining about somebody you're complaining about me.
    Ignored

11. redglare92

redglare92 Member

Hear, hear. Cheers to you, Brewer. And your awesome pet goat.

12. SemisolidSnake

If McHale's smart, for the rest of the season, he'll just stop doing any sort of coaching and just tell the team, "Play like Brewer did in those three minutes against the Blazers, or you're sitting. Period. I'm going on vacation, because there's nothing more for me to say."

In a way, I'm glad this happened. It's the most pure showing of what playing with heart and never letting up can do. It's not quite 13 in 33 levels of mind-boggling, but it feels close and more pure at the same time. It's less than 5 minutes of gameplay; any coach of any sport would be absurd not to make his team watch it over and over and over.

I really want to meet Corey Brewer now just to say thanks for showing what true heart is.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Wish I could tell Brewer thanks for not giving up in that game. You can even see he told his team "LETS GO!" after making a three which seem to increase our tempo at the end.

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Dippidy doo dah

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Probably. Him and Bev are constructing houses.

16. roksoer

roksoer Member

Yes.

There's just something about Brewer. Some of the travelling violations he gets away with, he can dribble out of bounds and they won't call it. He can foul on a steal and not get called, and he can make ridiculous shots. He might have somewhat of a luck factor so we should definitely play him more.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i'd rather start him over bev. ariza's defense is a key part of the starting lineup... just limit his shots a bit.

18. conquistador#11

he is like the flash but with better hands.
    $$ is going to break the bank.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He has some good games and a ton of mediocre games. He's not breaking any banks. He's a 7th man on a good team at best. No team has ever won with Corey Brewer playing a significant role.

The Rockets put players in places to succeed, they rarely ask them to play outside of their skillset. The minute Brewer starts that's exactly what will happen. And his contribution to helping a team win games will diminish.

20. conquistador#11

I can easily see another team offering him 7.5 mil a year, that's breaking the bank in comparison to hiss past contracts. all it takes is one team to pay. more teams over pay in the NBa than any other league.