1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brett Favre

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocketman95, Dec 23, 2003.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kudos to you Favre, Now Callahan's ass will be gone and we'll draft someone who doesn't suck.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Brett Favre only enhanced his legend with the performance, on MNF no less.

It kind of makes me thankful we have David Carr. He shows the same passion for the game as Favre does

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

You've got to honor Favre... what a performance. I'm convinced that a great part of his success is his ability (almost a preference) to throw off-balance. The ball gets there sooner and the defenders are less able to adjust to poorly thrown balls than is the receiver... and you have to admit that a lot of Favre's throws should be picked off but aren't. He is amazing.

4. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Amen

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

My friend says Brett Favre is the biggest stud in America.

I still think it's Steve Young though. ;)

6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

You are dead-on! I completely agree with the Carr/Favre comparison -- I've thought the same thing. Brett is a guy who always does what is needed -- he'll run with the ball and go all-out all the time, will go and block like any other player when he needs to, and he just has such a passion for playing it's refreshing. I think David Carr is exactly the same -- he plays without fear, and with intensity and enjoyment that just makes him that much more exciting of a player. Let's hope David can have some of the success that Favre has had. I suspect he will . . .

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's exactly why I love Carr so much, you see so much Favre in him. Had that same exact discussion with another Packers' fan before the game Monday night.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

:confused: :confused:

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It never happen. I got my ass kicked by crisco.

:(

10. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Ya know, I thought about this situation. As some of y'all know, I coach all my kids in basketball, and my middle son in baseball. If one of them were to go on to have a pro career, I would hope they would play the game under the same circumstances. One thing I have insisted by kids have is a commitment to the team, a commitment to practice, and a commitment to play as hard as possible. I hope and pray that my kids understand that something as simple as my death should not be an excuse to let your teammates down by not being there for them.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

:D