1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brett Favre

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocketman95, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What a performance last night. 311 yards and 4 TDs in the first half, making it one of, if not the best first half performance ever by a QB. How someone could go out and play after the death of their father is beyond me. I'm gonna be out for a month when my Dad goes. :(

Found a badass bar too. Nicks Sports Bar at Wilcrest and Briar Forest. It was as close to being at Lambeau as you can get. 80-year olds doing Lambeau Leaps, hotties in short Packer skirts, blackberry brandy shots after each TD, $1 brats...it was awesome!

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

What a game last night...I saw his interview with Lisa G. and it was amazing what he did...I'm sorry to hear about his Dad...:(

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I told my wife yesterday that I would not want to be the team facing Farve last night. I wouldn't have mattered if that was the Steel Curtain defense out there. Farve is one of those guys who can turn the death of his dad into an awe-inspiring performance.

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Brett Favre played absolutely great football under any circumstance.
    To do what he did was unbelievable.

5. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

With his dad being his former coach, that made him work even harder to play the best game he could play. Playing with that much on his mind and heart, he could not be stopped. And also know that his dad went so quick and he had no chance for any goodbyes.

6. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I hope Green Bay realizes how great of a QB and person this man is.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I have killed many a brain cell at Nick's Sports Bar, but I go to the one at Rocky Ridge and Westheimer.

8. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I told my father yesterday that I thought Brett would have one of the great games of his career last night and sure enough -- he played like he was 5 years younger. It seems whenever Brett is in a tight spot, be it an injury, or some other negative circumstance, he comes out firing. I used to be down on the notion that Brett was up there with Joe Montana and John Elway and Johnny Unitas as the greatest quarterbacks of all time, but recently I've had a change of heart -- there is no question this guy is one of the best of all time and deserves to be mentioned among the VERY BEST to have ever played the game.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's not far from where i live...we need to meet there soon for drinks, food and rockets/nfl playoffs.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't think it's the same place. MadMax, Refman and I met for drinks there about a year ago and that place is totally different from the one we were at last night.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah..they are different..that's Nick's Place where we met before...I love that place, too.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not far from there either. I'll have to check that place out one of these days.

13. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

God I bet you were in heaven.... ;)

14. drapg

drapg Member

I've always admired Brett Favre for his style of play.

But last night just put me over the top. I am now a lifelong Favre fan. Simply unbelievable! What a man.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

:confused: :confused:

Anyhoo, Great, Farve threw for 4 tds in the first half. It would have been nice if he threw for eight or nine touchdowns.

He was my last beacon of hope to beat Crisco in the fantasy playoffs.

Now I have to kick RM95's ass, and claim third place.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW. He certainly was amazing last night. I just caught the re-broadcast of the game. Amazing first half.

17. drapg

drapg Member

What channel rebroadcast MNF? The NFL Network?

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

It was the first time I teared up about a sporting event since the 94' Rockets!

Simply amazing!

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I tuned in only to see the ongoing trainwreck of the Raiders, and I didn't even know about Favre's father until then. That was simply amazing, and I don't know if I've ever seen him play better.

I hope it doesn't have an asterisk because of the Raiders basically having given up on this year.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sorry. "Internation" ESPN. I am watching it in Saudi via Satelite.