1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brent Barry - Please just shoot the ball.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kmart9419, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Man I hate Barry. I hate it everytime he comes in the game. Last night against the Lakers, I thought he killed the momentum the team had with his stupid turnovers and missed shots plus his sucky defense. I thought the same thing in the Utah game. Come on ... he's lost it. Even that layup he made against the Fakers, he put so much spin on it for some stupid reason, it almost rolled out. WTF. Don't give me that crap "he's going to help us in the playoffs" or " he's here for his playoff experience" - forget it - he sucks and he's going to hurt us in the playoffs. Adelman - take him out the rotation PLEASE!!!!!!

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Landy.....is.....injured.

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Nothing against Barry, but he's just over the hill. When the Rockets signed him, I voiced my concern over the fact that he's 37 years old or something. Matt Barnes was available for less than Barry and is a better overall player. On top of everything, the Rockets signed Barry to a two year deal, so we'll get to enjoy another season of him next year.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

NOBODY had Von Wafer penciled in as a rotation player the beginning of the season, much less someone who was even gonna MAKE the team. Luther Head was still on the team at the time, the most expendable guard on the team who so desparately needed to get replaced? Barry was in the plans, then it became a numbers game after the season started. Then he got hurt which opened it up for Von Wafer even more.

Barry's old and shooting near career lows in FG% and 3pt%. Still I think he's just typical roster filler. (I have also said I think Morey got Barry cuz he was one of his favorite players to watch, but thats stretching it)

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If he's open, he will shoot the ball, no doubt. The problem with him is all other things such as bad passes, blowing layups and no defense. He seems to hurt the team more than helping the team imo. His brother John Barry is much better at passing and smarting.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Barry was in a better position, surrounded by guys who play well off of him and vice-versa. I'm not sure what smarting is? If you mean IQ, its Barry's bad season that give that illusion, one bad season at the end of his career shouldn't define his IQ.

Also, enough with the blown layups. He's missed what, one? I hate it when one important play is multiplied by 10 because fans are pissed...Barry's just the guy to bash this month, I wonder who it'll be next month..