1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Yao has stress fracture in left ankle (related to previous injury)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

so much for: "i tell the doctors everyday, 'I'm ready to play!!'"

i've been ready to move on for a very long time now...this just pushes that forward.

this is what happens to players at this size...careers end by early 30's.

2. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Sorry Yao - good luck recovering. Great scoop clutch, sorry it's for bad news.

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I really hope Yao decides to retire. It's time for him to move on to the next phase of his life. I wouldn't mind seeing the Rockets go after Gortat at this point.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

OMG that's terrible.

5. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Thabeet is garbage, but with that said he'd be a throw in for Mayo I guess

6. Rockets_4_life

Okay now that we now that were going to rebuild we need to trade Kevin Martin and Luis Scola, there's no reason to have such large salaries on rebuilding teams.

Plus we can get some really good young players for both of those guys!

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

damn Yao's foot, it's the Yoko Ono of the Rockets

1 person likes this.
  8. sew

sew Member

Well, that's that.

C ya, Yao. Was fun(ish).

9. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

What a Dick.

I'll always be a fan of Yao Ming, I wish him good luck in his recovery, but it seems like he might be done. Sad day I was such a big fan. Morey has got to develop a different strategy going forward, this team as currently consturcted is not going anywhere.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Breaking: The Sun Also Rises

11. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Another broken bone!!! Damn this giant!!!

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

There are people who looked forward to this, the proverbial "nail in the coffin", where we can now finally move on from the "Yao era". Unfortunately, whether they know it or not, the ONLY chance we were going to be anything close to a championship contender in the near-medium term was from a somewhat healthy Yao. That chance was obviously small to begin with, but it was our only shot.

Now that we are moving on, we have no franchise player with no real chance of acquiring one through draft or trade. WHOOPIEE!!!

13. rawool

rawool Member

But it's Yao's last year of his contract. :confused:

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

All is not lost. He's still a gigantic expiring. Which bottom dweller is looking to shed salary and has good young talents?

16. Htown's2kFinest

There goes our man. :( I guess it's time to get this "rebuilding" or rather say "retooling" process on the way and let Terrence Williams play or hell... start.

Hope we can get this thing turned around soon.

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Does anyone else feel like this is on the Rockets medical staff? Perhaps not the right rehab regimen? Perhaps not the right medical attention?

It doesnt make sense they keep missing these things! Same thing happened in the LA Playoffs - stress fracture - will need 12 weeks of rest.

Then like, 6 weeks later, he needs foot reconstruction and will be out the entire year.

This year... same thing - bruised ankle... now a stress fracture??

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

I love Yao the person and what he can bring to a team when healthy, but I'm prepared to move on and have been since the injury against the Lakers in the playoffs.

Ironically, it was also that series that sold me on his toughness and ability to be a leader for this team when he demanded back in the game while in the tunnel because he knew the team needed him. He wanted to win so bad. He then proceeded to return and put a stamp on the game. I was glad the cameras picked that up and I will always remember Yao that way and not the grimace on his face from that final injury that ultimately knocked him out of the series shortly thereafter.

Yao is a warrior...not his fault that his body can't sustain the wait of his massive heart. I think it is time that he do what is best for his life after basketball and his family. Being able to walk without pain surely isn't overrated.

Its also time for the Rockets to do what is best for the team whatever they deem that is. If he choses not to retire and they choose to resign him to do right by him so to speak, it better be for a reasonable amount that doesn't cripple this team. I don't care how much revenue he brings in. Signing him to a substantial contract would tell me that it is all about the money and zero about winning championships. I'm a Rockets fan...

19. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: FIRST MARIO Williams... now YAO!?!?!?

What do SPORTS GODS have against Houston?!?!?!!? :( :mad: :(