1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Woj: Melo to hou may take till training camp... Update: Interview added

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Aug 1, 2017.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why has Melo been interviewed all of a sudden? Is he subtly, or not?, trying to push the ultimate trade?

2. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

He's hosting a basketball tournament in Baltimore.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks

4. 9baller

9baller Member

A little off topic, but you got me thinking..

Warriors death lineup: Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Durant, Green

Rockets defense: CP3, Harden, Ariza, Moute, Tucker

And that won't even be our best lineup (add Melo). This season is going to be special :D.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  5. rockets13champs

Curry-ChrisPaul
    Thompson-Ariza
    Iggy-Harden
    Durant-Luc
    Green-Tucker

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

This is the exact opposite of breaking.

J Sizzle likes this.
  7. rockets13champs

This guy comments 3 days later...

It meant for 3 podcasts.

Gordon Damer, Hahn and Humpty and Stephen a
    2 Woj interviews and a Begley one

8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Its annoying how everytime you sign on cfans and you see breaking before you enter the garm, you think theres actual breaking news.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon..CC is not only part of our best lineup...He is key to beating the Warriors.
    Along with Melo(and NeNe)...those guys will exploit GS's Achilles Heel inside. All the while, CP3 (who plays great D, and always gives the W' s problems on both sides of the ball) and the Beard will not only neutralize, but overpower their backcourt. The match ups change in our favor THIS YEAR with CA. Add on the benefit of cheap ring chasing /more than capable veterans, and we are there.

#209 Plowman, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    BHannes2BHonest, Rudyc281 and xiki like this.
  10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Let us hope there is no CC in Knixieland at the end of the rainbow.

Did you see The Dream's interview (Africa trip) about the place for bigs in today's NBA? Spot on, and beyond, your post, and frankly what I have believed, too. (Does that mean I believe in Dreams?).

Plowman likes this.
  11. mightybosstone

That lineup has three gaping offensive holes. Swap out one of those defensive guys for Gordon. And I still think Capela and Nene can competently defend Green, but I also don't mind the small ball 5.

12. Plowman

Supporting Member

Hey there xiki,

I'm extremely confident that the only way CC goes in that deal is if it's expanded to include another stud 5...He shouldn't be going anywhere though...definitely a keeper(esp at his # for this year)..IMO will be a top 10 center at minimum for eons.

And, no, my friend...I missed the interview..sounds like must see....think you can lay it down for me?

You know I believe in Dream (s). : )

#212 Plowman, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

We always gotta believe in Dream(s); it's the stuff of magic! (Right Lil Penny and Lil'er Shaq???)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...uwon-impressed-african-nba-stars-followed-him

You came from an era of back-to-basket centers. Now the bigs play outside. Do you see it coming full circle?

If I played today, I wouldn't be shooting 3s -- I'd be taking advantage in the post. My style of basketball is being played really. I always wanted to play three different positions: small forward, power forward and center. If I have a size advantage, I play inside. If you have a size advantage over me, I play outside. You have to be able to play both.

In today's game, where the big guys play more outside, they don't have to take advantage in the post of the mismatch. To be a complete player, you need to take advantage of your opportunities. If you're a big, you should play in the post. It's a mismatch. And if you get the ball outside, you should be able to shoot a jump shot or drive to be a complete player.

14. Plowman

Supporting Member

Beautiful.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Joel Embiid has a true inside and outside game plus rebounding/ defense. He reminds me a bit of Dream. It's too bad that his injury history is even worse than Yao's.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Does carmelo anthony even still exist?

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It's not worse: he's still playing and he's not 'ours'.

18. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

back at the 2 yard line?

19. hakeemthagreat

I know it's pretty cliche at this point, but Dream's the best man. There is no superstar in sports I'd rather have play for my team better than Hakeem. Yes Jordan is Jordan. But Hakeem seems like he's more invested in the people GLOBALLY on a groundlevel. He seems like the guy you can approach and have a good convo with. We all know MJ is a arrogant douche who could care less about you or me. Jordan's only contribution is his shoes. Hakeem is much more than that

Richie_Rich, saleem and xiki like this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Unfortunately for the Knicks, yes. If the Clinton's owned the Knicks he would have died in a freak accident by now.

megastahr and Daddy Long Legs like this.