1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Trump's Wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

btw, if you're like @NewRoxFan and don't click on the links I provide, here's why I think (among other things) that this fundraising effort is a stick in the eye for Democrats:

“If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall.” That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that's half the wall. We can do this.

Democrats are going to stall this project by every means possible and play political games to ensure President Trump doesn’t get his victor. They'd rather see President Trump fail, than see America succeed. However, if we can fund a large portion of this wall, it will jumpstart things and will be less money Trump has to secure from our politicians.

This won’t be easy, but it’s our duty as citizens. This needs to be shared every single day by each of you on social media. We can do it, and we can help President Trump make America safe again!

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Eminent Domain issues are likely to be a nightmare. Trump planned to override this and the Environmental Impact concerns by forcing the Wall as a National Security Issue. If the Government won't vote to fund it, you're going to have a pretty hard time convincing judges that the destruction of habitats, migration routes, access to vital water, and taking private land from citizens is justified.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Again, that might be the goal, but in the end a worthless gesture doesn't make a second term for Trump more plausible. A moderate will look at this and say they didn't even reach 10% of their goal, how can I believe in anything this president says he will get done?

Nook likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If the mistake-in-chief voters want to send their money to fund the wall, by all means, do so. Knock yourselves out.

Just don't whine when we laugh at you when you learn that the money you willingly give is never used to build a wall.

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

two hours later

6 million.jpeg

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

... and, you find out the $5B costs $30B...

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it's not really about the wall . . .

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Maybe they can fund 30 Billions? Never say never.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

You keep saying this, and I keep pressing you, what does it accomplish then? You are cagey about it because it doesn't do anything more than just a symbolic gesture. You should be smart enough to know, the people who will decide this election need more than just symbolism.

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it's pretty much a giant middle finger pointed at the Democrats whom Kolfage believes will obstruct "the peoples' will" with every opportunity. Which in turn energizes and emboldens this part of Trump's base. In other words the longer this goes, the bigger an embarrassment it will become for the Democrats--particularly IF the government shuts down over the Democrats' refusal to consider any portion of the amount Trump is asking for. I see this effort potentially having influenced Trump's decision to go back on his agreement to sign the temporary spending bill and keep the government open. I think he'd love it now if the government shut down, this Kolfage thing go for another couple of weeks during the Christmas and New Year's holidays, when everyone is home, on vacation, bored and watching television news, and getting all that free publicity.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Again, none of that high level symbolism trickles down to the voters in the middle class or lower classes who were split between Trump and Hillary. It doesn't directly benefit them and they have the talking point in the next election that Mr. Art of The Deal can't even get his pet project done. Will it rile up his base? For sure. But Republicans rarely vote against their party, something like 96% of Republicans stay within party lines.

Thr democrats will say in the next election cycle, is your life better than it was 4 years ago, are you making more money, did those tax cuts do anything for you or your job prospects, do you feel safer, and do you feel like the president has done anything? So far for moderates, that is a no on all fronts.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. Anticope

Anticope Member

How do you not see it? Nothing propels electoral victories more than Gofundme campaigns two years ahead of elections. 5 million rubles, err, dollars and counting!

Nook, mdrowe00 and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  14. No Worries

Let's do the math.

$1 million per hour. $5 billion wall (which is clearly low balling the costs, likely off by a factor of 5x).

We should hit the goal in 5,000 hours. 210 days.

Go Wall!

vlaurelio and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  15. No Worries

Good thing that Trump supporters aren't good with math and science.

Go Wall!

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

actually I think long before that you'll see Trump on national television shaking the only hand that the triple amputee war hero who's leading this effort has left.

I'm betting on Christmas or Christmas Eve during the government shut down. that would make for a good story

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah no wall nor refund

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  18. IVFL

IVFL Member

Yeah, who needs real solutions when you can just get a good story. . . . . More cameras on 45, I sure that would help our country.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

When all is said and done, please let us know who ends up with this cash in their pocket. You might want to start checking in to campaign donation law now; before we need another investigation.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

I'll actually be pretty disappointed if the Donald doesn't pocket this money. With all his ponzi scams and shady deals, if he can't swindle money from people willing to hand it to him he is even more inept than I previously thought.

The difference between a thief and a conman is a thief takes your money, a conman makes your money his. Let's see which of these Donnie is.

mdrowe00 and Nook like this.