1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Trump's Wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 18, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Are they actually sending actual money, or a commitment to send money (I don't do gofundmes, so I don't know how they work).?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

go to the organizer's page and read what he says about that

3. NewRoxFan

4. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I only ask because this is sort of what the Donald's M.O. has been in regards to this type of "venture"...

Trump University is a LOT different than United States Government.

...well...

...once upon a time it was....

Nook likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Kolfage likens this effort to the one in 2012 when a wealthy individual donated $7.5 million to refurbish the Washington Monument

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/46050494/...tes-washington-monument-repairs/#.XBvGec9KjGJ

6. NewRoxFan

trump will shut down government if he doesn't get his wall (or slats as he now prefers to call it).

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

They best figure out how to build it in the middle of the river and reservoirs, otherwise they are cutting off Texans from the Rio Grande.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

They are mad and they will vote, and some people under-estimate just how adamant Trump supporters are.

Still, it is stupid. The wall is billions of dollars.

9. Nook

Nook Member

This isn't about Trump's supporters (they will support him anyway) and this isn't about the far left (as they will vote against him). This is about those that are independent and those that only lean left or right. Is it really a master work of political theatre? The Muller investigation is still at the top of the headlines, and Trump risks alienating some of those voters in the middle.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Okay.

11. NewRoxFan

LOL... the meeting invitee list... trump appealing to the so-called freedom caucus to deliver his Vanity Wall (tm).

12. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...in spite of the unlikeliness of this ever reaching its fruition, I have no problem with people spending money on whatever it is they want to spend money on...

...I only question the hands into which such a thing is entrusted to. I honestly can't see this as anything more than another glorified shell company to put money in the Donald's pockets, no matter what the honorable Mr. Kolfage intends...

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What is the master plan here? I know you're sharp enough to know that the idiots actually donating to this cause would vote for Trump even if he was in prison and convicted of treason awaiting death. To the middle of the road voters, this symbolic gesture shows that's all the Republicans have been able to do in this president's tenure, symbolic gestures. It's like when Dwight Howard called himself a champion. Sure, a small sect of rockets die hard fans might even agree with him, but the warriors still hoisted up that trophy. Middle of the road voters actually want things to be better, and looking over my stocks I can't say they are. Searching for a job in the last 6 months with an advanced degree I can't say that market is any better either. The litmus tests for the average American to me still show he hasn't done enough, and the guy can't even get his pet project going. It shows incompetence to the moderate voter.

Now if your claim is the Dems need someone like-able enough to swoop in and profit over this hilarious misstep, I'm with you. This is where an emerging candidate should come out and basically say we as a country can do better, follow it up with some platitudes, and then say things will change in 2020. They are bumbling here when they are being sent a gift. God bless 'em, they wanna do this the hard way.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

The whole double standard of, "I don't like paying taxes because they fund a bridge to nowhere" juxtapose to them funding a gofundme that is in itself a bridge to no where is down right funny. Or is it sad? I'm not sure.

But hey, if they get that $5 B to fund this then I say go at it. Make that wall.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump really must learn to read. That way he would know that many of the lame duck Republican members have left ... town ... for ... good. The remaining Republican Freedom Caucus members are also not too hot on the idea. And good luck with getting Pelosi to bail you out.

16. NewRoxFan

Congrats republicans... this is where trump led y'all...

17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

lol

...I know "compromise" is a dirtier word nowadays than "Trump University" (not really bad grammar here, by the way - I just think of the Donald's U as one...whatever-it-was)...

...but let's say that this is sadly funny.

This says almost nothing, to me, about determination. This is almost entirely about deliberation.

...what this endeavor produces, in the end, will be telltale.

...I mean...

...petitions for states to secede got a lot of run not too long ago...

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

We can all see how this inspiring grassroots effort by thousands of God-fearing patriotic Americans has captured your attention and respect.

I thought you might be interested in a tremendous bigly new offer by the Citizens for a Real American Wall (CRAW) where you can purchase an engraved "brick in the wall" for only $10000.

Get yours today:

[​IMG]

BAMBOOZLED

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

I wish compromise wasn't dead. God it's why I liked McCain so much before he spoke Palin. That guy knew what it was all about. I didn't always agree with him, but damn sure I trusted and liked him.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

so that's another million in 2-3 hours or so

5 million by 12-45 pm .jpeg