1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Trump's Wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

in the last half hour they have picked up 5000 more donors and an additional $200,000. Total right now stands at $3.2 million

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Woo. They can build a wall on the south side of West U

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

nearly $4million and an additional 10,000 donors since this morning

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Above all, it shows America's ignorance to math. To the best of my recollection Trump wants at least $5 billion for the wall. While $3.2 million is impressive, we aren't even 1% of the way to that total. The idiots who support this idea really don't understand how much money the guy wants, how big of a process this will be, and how little it will actually do. Instead, if you have the money, why not donate to the VA? Good god why can't we be better about helping our boys and girls when they come back? Or hell, you have a better chance of dying from cancer than a terrorist, why not give it to cancer research? There are so many causes that could actually do something meaningful with that sum of money that could actually go toward protecting your life, but hey, let's build a wall.

Nook likes this.
  8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hilarious.

I mean, we have deep partisans so committed to claiming a win for their team that they keep moving the goal posts around so they can plant their flag and claim victory. It doesn't matter if Rupert Murdock himself cut a $5 billion check to ensure this border wall gets built. It still doesn't erase the stain of Trump's lies regarding Mexico paying for the wall, Trump's horrible negotiating skills with both Mexico and Congress, and it doesn't erase the fact that a border wall will likely be an ineffective means of trying to "secure" the southern border.

This type of blains partisan loyalty is what fascism needs to thrive. And these people are displaying fealty to some of the dumbest fascists history has seen in this Trump/RNC administration.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - never underestimate the ignorance of people.

Many are the same ones sending money to televangilists - you know for favors.......and I thought Martin Luther translating the bible to get rid of favors in purgatory helped fix that....guess not.

DD

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I think you estimate the "f*ck you" element in all of this. You have (so far) 65,000 members of the basket of deplorables who have decided to make a show of resistance to the anti-Trump powers-that be, and cough up their own cash to make a statement. I don't think this is really about raising $5 billion dollars. This is another marvelous piece of street theater that makes the point that people are fed up with lamestream government and are willing to put their money where their mouths are to be heard. so I think you really, really miss the point here.

btw, they cracked $4 million in the last ten minutes

4 million dollars.jpeg

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

I found this water that cures what anything you want it to. God showed me where the spring is, and told me I could sell it to any good Christian. For just $50 wish for whatever you want from Santa, I mean God, and drink the water and it will come true! But only if you're a good Christian.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile, now trump has a tempertweetrum about how he was "promised" a wall... so pathetic!

13. No Worries

What is the going rate for a mile of the wall? 100+ million? So we are looking at less than 5% of one mile?

I hope they build a gift shop and a nice plaque to go with the 250 feet of ... The Great Trump Wall.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Woo-hoo, almost 1% of the way.

Again, is Mexico paying for that wall? The Christian and moral right showing some real moral superiority when they are more concerned about using their money as a statement rather than doing some actual good.

Nook and eric.81 like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

go ahead and laugh but what big bold moves are progressives/Democrats making in similar fashion? again, I think you misunderstand and underestimate the symbolic importance of what's going on here.

for the record, I agree that people throwing their hard-earned cash away on something so misguided as the border wall is a stupid thing. Especially when there are so many worthy charitable causes in the world that are far more deserving.

on the other hand, this is again a master work of political theater that Dems/progressives will ignore at their peril

16. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Jesus... this hurt my brain.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Nook likes this.
  18. No Worries

I did not misunderstand and underestimate, My proposal above included a Gift Shop, for all of the Trump devotees to make a yearly pilgrimage.

Shoot we could even designate The Great Trump Wall a national park and charge $100 admission. With all of the proceeds from park admission and the gift shop, additional feet could be added to the wall. Mega churches could raise monies to add more feet (and get a commemorative plaque for their efforts).

The Great Trump Wall would then be a shinning example on a hill of how a public private synergy can ... Make America Great Again.

19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...reading is fundamental.

...not fundamentally Christian, it seems, but...

20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...will all of those people get their money back when this charade is over?

...after their statements are made, I mean?