1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Prediction: Beverley will cause Durant's injury tomorrow night. Surgery is required as well....lol.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

rockets in 6 bruh

3. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

What makes you think they're Houston fans?

4. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Exactly! I've seen a lot of "fans" show their true colors in the past couple of days.

#644 DBRox, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Well why do Lin homers get crucified? Double standard?

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Because its ClutchFans, not LinFans. It's quite obvious. Be a Rockets fan and you'll get some respect. Be a fan of an individual over the team and risk being "crucified".

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well this is not "LinFans.net"

1 person likes this.
  8. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Just regular aggressive basketball. If you watch the opposite camera angle of the collision, it even looks like Westbrook shoots his hip + leg out to defend the ball (which is common). No blame on either party and no intent to injure. I don't think Beverley's lunge can even be counted as something that sharply increases the odds of injury compared to regular hard-nosed basketball.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I'm specifically talking about being a Lin homer, not necessarily over the team. The criticism has always been fans being delusional, that sounds like homerism. Lin is part of the Rockets anyways and he is definitely a team player.

10. jlwee

jlwee Member

Next season the first match Rockets against Thunder is a must watch. I expect Westbrook to act stupid when go against Beverly

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Because we care about the team and Lin fans only care about Lin. This can cause problems like when the Rockets win and Lin didn't get many minutes, Lin fans complain. We don't care about one player's minutes. We care about wins. It's annoying.

12. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

So you are saying Lin fans are by nature not Rocket fans? That's completely false.

They are what they are, they support the Rockets because of Lin, just like there always Bird only fans that became Celtics fans, Thomas only fans that became Pistons fans, MJ only fans that became Bulls fans. Etc etc. That's the norm outside of local fans. Quit the hate and appreciate that people come support the rockets.

Homerism is normal.

13. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

This is a great opportunity to see how our young team responds. If they can focus and "go for the kill" in the sense that they take advantage of Westbrook being out then it bodes well for us. However, if we still can't get it together then we really might get swept. I don't see this as us being less skilled, just really inexperienced in the mental aspect of the playoffs. Hopefully we can mature just in time but if not, then it'll be a good lesson for the team. Just look at the Thunder, they were young and a lower seed once, got swept once too in the playoffs. All in all, we need to take advantage of Westbrook being out and take the next step mentally.

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

The complete series has been two games and Lin has played one and a half games. He didn't play bad in the second game so I think you are confused.

You are the the one that is being blind by being a LOH. Lin has gotten better all year and ending the year playing well. He has a lot of improving to do and I think he will improve but for he first year as a starter I think he had a good year.

Now I see what your motivation is behind hating Lin so much. You are insinuating that I'm Asian because I had a join date of 2002. It seems to me that you are prejudice or why would you be calling me Asian when I'm as white as you can get.

2 people like this.
  15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

And then it's also as annoying when "claimed" team fans consistently, and only, bashing Lin when the team loses.:rolleyes:

16. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Hey, it's an open forum. They are who they are. If you want a puritanical Rockets forum you could setup one with pure Rockets fans.

I do understand that they could be annoying but there's no need to trash this forum because of that.

17. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

who is this? this is the kind of stuff I don't like

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Rockets">#Rockets</a>! <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23OKC">#OKC</a> pls win this! @<a href="https://twitter.com/jlin7">jlin7</a> at the bench, I want <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23OKC">#OKC</a> to win!k</p>&mdash; aleli mayol otero (@alebabes) <a href="https://twitter.com/alebabes/status/327235099953336320">April 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. MD_in_Training

The clock doesn't stop until the whistle is blown, which it wasn't. Lest we forget those Andre Miller plays when the defense gets lulled into thinking it's a timeout only for Miller to blow by the defender for an uncontested lay-up.

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Well, I didn't have the intention of turning this thread into Lin discussion, all I wanted to say is that homerism is normal, the hating is much more annoying than the homerism and that's what's killing this forum. :cool:

So anyhow, Fisher the cheater (of Cuban) would get a real big role now. What's up with that?

20. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member