1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking News: Obama to make a statement regarding National security (bin Laden dead)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GreatOne1978, May 1, 2011.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

1. So the Taliban is a credible source?

2. If he died shortly after 9/11, where did his latest videos come from?

3. None of those links provide any evidence that's more credible than what Obama is claiming.

It's fine to try and find other answers, but i seriously don't understand how people can believe something else just because its talked about somewhere else in the world. At least bring forward some evidence that trumps what Obama has.

3. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

I'll cut to the chase....

Obama is lying to you. It's a huge setup to get him re-elected.

For the record, I voted for him in 08 and would've responded the same way you have if this happened last year before I opened my eyes to what is really happening.

4. Roxboys

Roxboys Member

Yes because Obama needed this so bad a year and a half before the elections. Im sure Donald Trump and Newt Gingrich really has him shakin in his boots.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'll cut to the chase.....

Obama isn't lying to you. It's not a huge setup to get him re-elected.

For the record, I voted for him in 08 and would've responded the same way you have if this happened last year when i had my eyes closed to what really is happening.

Well, that was easy.

6. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Please share "what is really happening" then. I've run across others who are now arguing the "oh he's been dead for a while" bit, but it doesn't add up. Like the other posters have said, where's the benefit to Obama? Why now?

I've had people tell me "oh ratings boost"....okay....why not just wait til the election?

I've also had people say, "oh you can't believe reports by Al Qaeda saying he's dead, for all you know the US put out those reports".....okay...then how can you believe reports post 09/11 from the "Taliban" as the link earlier in this thread has it, that claims Osama was dead?

Why has his son (the self proclaimed anti-jihad one) come out now claiming the act by the US was "criminal" and he may sue? If Bin Laden's been dead for a while, what exactly does he plan on suing for?

And if you believe that all these people, Al Qaeda, US, Mainstream media, are all in bed together, then why would the mainstream media not immediately wipe away any remains of these sources that you've listed from earlier that claim that Bin Laden is possibly dead?

Trust me, I love following a conspiracy as much as the next guy, but not when all sides of the argument virtually agree that he's dead + there's no benefit for any side for claiming he's dead.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rockets R' Us

If anything this helps lead some (albeit minor) credibility to the "Osama is not dead/Osama's been dead" movement:

Source:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/11/world/asia/binladen-statement.html?_r=1

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

1 person likes this.
  9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

If you asked me that last year, I would have felt the same way.

Now I know Alex Jones is dumping fluoride in our water supply to destroy our brain cells to the point that we will actually believe what he says. The New World Order will be lead by Mr. Jones and we will all have perfect teeth!

Please take the time to construct a proper tin foil hat. Mr. Jones radio signals may penetrate your brain otherwise.

10. Rockets R' Us

No no, I agree with you. See my post above that one. I just think this helps at least provide an additional "opposing" message from a relevant source rather than just crowdspeak.

Not saying it's valid or credible, but rather than making the argument that everyone is agreeing he's dead because everyone's in bed with each other (the CIA owns Al Qaeda, the Gov't owns the media, etc etc) this at least gives an alternate source saying "NO HE IS NOT DEAD" when all other sources (Al Qaeda, CIA, Media,etc) are saying he is.

However even this source is weak, with them not outright claiming he's not dead; rather they are saying show us the proof, he MAY not be dead.

1 person likes this.
  11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's laughable that Bin Laden's family wants answers now to an injustice they feel was perpetrated upon them and their father. Your father's trial was a guilty plea by your father in all his videos with his finger/hand waving, threats, etc. . There's your damn trial. Now, go suck a TURD Bin Laden family!

1 person likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what f**k do you expect them to say? "cogratulations for killing our dad!"

13. Rockets R' Us

fixed.

And I expect them to be quiet and fade into the background. They obviously know the deeds for which their father is famous...I'm sure they also realized at some point, someone would kill him. I find it comical that they find it "illegal" "criminal" and want a "trial" when their father felt it was cool and not criminal at all to do what he did against the large amount of completely innocent citizens. Where was the trial for these innocent people?

The fact that they're out raising their voices at the "injustice" is laughable. I expect them to come out, separate themselves from their dad's deeds (as one of them did in that letter and has done previously) and then move on with their life. Combat is combat. Warfare is warfare. When you engage in it, take innocent lives, don't expect to receive "fair" treatment.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and their reaction does not give any additional credibility to the lifers and deathers theorists

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

http://www.theonion.com/articles/rate-of-uninformed-conversations-about-navy-seals,20371/

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If the family wanted a trial, they should have turned him in years ago.

He got what he deserved....two tap !

DD

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i heard they had to fight chuck norris :confused: