1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking News(ESPN): Jake Plummer Not Going To Be Texans Next Starting QB (TB Bucs)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ron413, Mar 2, 2007.

1. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

People have been making too big a deal about Quinn losing big games. Most QBs struggle against really good defenses - period. Brady played horribly against the Chargers this year in the playoffs - if McCree falls down after intercepting Brady (his fourth int of the day - should have been 5 if Hart had any hands) the Pats lose. As another poster said earlier Peyton couldn't win the big one in college either. I am big ND fan and have been since the Lou Holtz days in mid 80s. I knew Mirer would be a bust, I knew Powlus wouldn't do anything either, but Quinn has the skills to be a good to great QB in the NFL. I am not sure if he will get there because alot of the things can screw young QBs up in the growth process, but he has the skills and ability.

That being said, I would also like the Texans to take a look at Beck. Good mobility, good arm, and seems intelligent, but his age may cause him to fall in the draft to the 3-4 rounds. This would allow us to pick up some playmakers in the first couple of rounds to help in the very near future.