1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking News(ESPN): Jake Plummer Not Going To Be Texans Next Starting QB (TB Bucs)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ron413, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

But Quinn may not be just another quarterback. Knowing the Texans terrible drafting record if they trade down and take another stiff in the middle of the first round and Quinn goes on to several probowls down the road then people will say "See I told you we should have taken Brady Quinn". I agree that we need more players on defense but Brady Quinn could be a stud in maybe 2 or 3 years.

2. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

:confused: :D

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WRONG FORUM.

This is JAKE PLUMMER news... not Texans', Astros', or Comets' or any other Houston Sports news...
    YOU AGE WELL, ima. :D

Anyway... why is this in this forum??? And don't tell me this is related to the TEXANS.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

because Jake Plummer's name has been linked with the Texans all offseason. since before the offseason started, even.

5. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

Well, he was even able to meet the expectations in Denver for a bit, he led us to the playoffs for 3 years and got us to the AFC Championship game. But when faced with a rising young quarterback he knew was destined to take his place, he became Jake the Mistake.

I think he\'d do OK if he were placed in the same state he came to the Broncos in (i.e. he\'s the guy unquestioned, no rising young QB behind him). Of course, he\'s 32, so putting him in this situation is not good for any franchise.

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I aim to please. Kolb is not the answer. I'd much rather take linemen and defense in the 2nd and 3rd round than pass on a prospect like Quinn.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Quinn played for an NFL Superbowl champion Offensive coordinator in college.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

In that case, I will open a thread in the GARM about a GORDITA... because I ate one while I was watching the Rockets make a roster move... it's linked...

Dude. I was being sarcastic... I know that. :rolleyes: I'm not trying to be an ASS(although it may seem like I am) ... just wanted to throw some technicalities in here about some silly thread...

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Draft Brady Quinn please.

10. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Your point being? How many big games did Brady Quinn win while in college? I don't want to gamble on another 1st round quarterback when there are so many other glaring holes on this team. O-Line is first priority bar none, he just doesn't seem "special" to me, and him playing for Charlie Weiss doesn't change that.

11. MadMax

i've been critical of brady quinn. but i could be persuaded.

and for all my criticism of him, i was really impressed with him during his junior year at ND.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What's the difference between a "stopgap solution" and a "holdover before a young QB comes in"? I thought they were pretty much the same thing.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Peyton Manning couldn't beat Florida.

There were a couple QBs last year that won big games. :p

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If the Houston Texans QB position is about mobility and decision making versus stand-in-the pocket passing, John Beck might be the best target in the draft. He blew away the combine in the agility drills. He's already 26 which could be seen as a positive to take over the team quicker or a negative in that he will have a shorter career after serving his apprenticeship to Sage. Plus he should still be available after we take 3 other position players.

15. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Levi Brown could be a bust just as easily as Brady Quinn. Goes both ways. If Quinn is there at #8 you take him.

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I'm way too wary of over-hyped, underperforming pretty boys like Quinn. After the failed experiment with Carr and the now obvious mistake of passing on VY, you'd think we would be determined to get someone who knows how to lead a team, is clutch and composed, intelligent, and mobile/athletic enough to excel in Kubiak's system. Just say no.

17. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Very true, but Levi Brown IMO is the much safer pick. This franchise has never dedicated a high 1st round pick to an O-lineman, and I just feel we need that young anchor on the line. You don't take Brady Quinn unless you can guarantee that the cast around him is that much better than last year, and I don't think that's the case.

I will trust the new Texan's management to make the right choice, which I believe will be not to draft Brady Quinn if he's there.

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

funny, because that describes quinn to the t.

19. timwalters

timwalters Member

i want carr to stay...i like seeing him run like a chicken with its head cut off.. this team needs high draft picks and carrs screw ups gives us that.

20. MadMax

Really? I'm hearing Levi Brown is lazy. That he takes way too many plays off.

Just because its an OL doesn't mean he's a safe pick at the top of the draft.

As John McLain said...if Brady Quinn is there at 8, I can't imagine the Texans passing him up.