1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking News] At least 9 dead after biker gang shootout in Waco

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, May 17, 2015.

1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Interesting^^^

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Have they said yet how many officers were required to arrest 170 bikers?

3. dragician

dragician Member

these people should be put in a cage and let them fight to death. to be done once a year like superbowl sunday.

gladiator movie was a big hit in this country.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

But, from what I've read, there were many groups there that day and that some of them were known for criminal activities and some were not. However, I can't find a source that will really get specific on who was there. I heard one interview with a woman whose husband was arrested and is in jail with $1m bond. I wish I could find the interview now but I can't. She said her husband was a weekend warrior club-member type, not a 1%er. He'd just pulled in a few minutes before the fighting started and was rounded up with everyone else. Given how many people were arrested, probably the great majority of them surrendered peaceably. Obviously, this lady has an incentive to paint her husband in as favorable a light as possible. But it did open the question of how many of the 170 people arrested are really affiliated, and my internet sleuthing hasn't found the answer.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

From the pictures the vast majority were wearing a cut (the name of a club). The biker community is pretty tight knit, so I don't really buy people "not knowing" that trouble was coming. Maybe there were 1-2 people not affiliated, but everyone who was there should have known within moments that it would be best if they leave. Every person who spends any amount of good time on a chopper knows of the Bandidos and Cossacks.

And from what I've read, this has been an ongoing place for 1% clubs to show up. Again, if you ride - you know to stay away from large groups of 1% riders, as they are known to be hotheads and get pissed off for the most trivial of things because of the their strength in numbers.

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'm a little lost by the term 1% club. Context clues explain a bit, but what exactly does that mean?

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I think it comes from something someone famous said one time about how 99% of the bikers are law abiding, etc. So then the rowdier of the bunch picked up the mantra that they are the 1%. Apparently you have to then back that 1% up so overtime there are only a few 1% MCs out there.

1 person likes this.
  8. Svpernaut

1% clubs consider themselves as "outlaw" clubs, think Sons of Anarchy. There are countless motorcycle clubs that don't consider themselves 1% (like 99% of others). If you see a guy's vest or jacket and it says 1%, watch out for his fellow one percenters - because they generally start crap if another 1% group shows up... they don't play nice together. They are basically just gangs, that happen to ride motorcycles and wear lots of leather.

Most law abiding clubs are members of and adhere to the American Motorcycle Association (AMA) rules and regulations. 1%, or outlaw clubs, do not.

9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

One of the members of the bandidos was a retired SA vice cop.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/us/texas-biker-gang-shooting-san-antonio-police-martin-lewis/

Apparently the cossacks are aligned with the hell's angels who are a rival of the bandidos.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...didos-became-americas-most-feared-biker-gang/

10. Buck Turgidson

Guys riding around in packs making as much noise as possible just to make as much noise as possible and carelessly pissing off everyone else basically suck at civilized life. I don't care if you're a 1% or a 43% or a 72 IQ, you're 100% *******.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xGyKBFCd_u4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Svpernaut

If you've never ridden a motorcycle, you don't understand the need to be loud. The first time a semi-truck or mom in a minivan cuts you off and nearly kills you, you'd change your tune on having a loud bike. If you can't be seen, at least be heard.

Riding together in packs also makes you safer on the road. I'm no condoning the actions of motorcycle gangs, but a pack is easier to be seen, and heard. Blame the people that don't know hot to drive, not the motorcyclists.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

WACO JUDGE AGREES TO LET MOST BIKERS GO – IF THEY SIGN A CONTRACT VOWING NOT TO SUE FOR WRONGFUL ARREST

Can't say I didn't see that coming. Not sure how they could implicate that many people at one time. Also find it odd they never released any info on the shooters. Figure it'd be big news with nine people getting killed considering all the other high profile shootings involving less recently. (lasting for months on the news cycle) I'm guessing the media figured out it was the Waco PD/Swat doing all the shooting so they have to cover something important like Cailyn's Vanity fair cover.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Her name is Caitlyn. :mad:

1 person likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sigh of relief

I saw this thread and though **** not again.

18. likestohypeguy

Bunch of THUGS and ANIMALS... Oh wait never mind I guess since they're not BLACK I'll just unleash the anger I've been holding onto about something someone said in another thread here.

Btw are their gangs unique to certain locations, or same name/affiliation nation or at least state wide? I saw a weird stop on hwy 35 in brazoria county that I thought was a wreck at first, but it was just a disproportionate number of cops surrounding a few Harley's stopped on the highway. No damage, nothing I could tell was going on... No way that's related in any way right?

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ovk1YCYgh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EnY0pcK2wMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Prosecutors drop all charges in deadly Waco biker shootout

https://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-..._Gz4RLHNHokoHw_FOUAlf11xmGlkZrZgfWMTinaxgONqg

9 people dead
    Are we still mad at the Prosecutor in Chicago about Jussie?

Ah shucks

They were just some good ole boys
    never meaning no harm
    beat all you ever saw .. been in trouble with the law . . .since the day they born

Rocket River

leroy likes this.