1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

There's nothing that supports the claim that he has a better chance than Sanders truthfully. As I mentioned in my last response to you, this will be the Democrats downfall once again in 2020. Sanders is the OBVIOUS better choice, especially after these allegations and what's transpired with this pandemic and the resulting relationship with China (Biden's son backs a PE in China where they invested millions of dollars in Chinese government surveillance systems...amazing). If they truly are SO disgusted by Trump and wanted to put their best cards on the table, they would be backing Sanders but obviously the $$$ from the corporations that strongly oppose Sanders and his economic views won't allow them to do it.

Even if you take away the allegations and the China relations, he was the better candidate because he attracted the young voters, many who are swing votes, and would have won the " me too" vote, etc. whereas Biden won't. Biden was favored by the Democrats who are going to vote for WHOEVER is put out there, especially if it means Trump is gone, so Sanders would still have picked up their votes too. I'd be curious to see if anyone truly disagrees with that and what their rationale is other than they just don't like Sanders and his views either. Further, I just don't see how anyone can truly argue that it's a good idea for the party that "cares about the people, movements, and minorities" to turn their back on a guy who wants to do things like help those less fortunate people go to college without being drown in debt because that would mean less money in the pockets of the millionaires and billionaires...for a man accused of doing "Trump like things" over him after backing Hillary, who is just as gross, four years ago and seeing that fail. That isn't going to help win the swing voters or those that wanted Sanders and are once again upset by how the system works...

#841 Htown Stros, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    generalthade_03 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly dude, believing both sides are exactly the same in the damage they can bring to the country is almost as dumb of a concept as believing Trump is a good president.

Trump does something that neither Hillary and Biden do and that is purposefully use divisive language to generate contraversy. His rhetoric purposefully divided the nation. And none of your statements address anything regarding policy or the type of judges involved.

Also it really makes me question your motives of sincerety in posting when you discuss the right wing troll video that pretends that Biden hugging and kissing kids during photo-ops is sexual in nature rather than an old man being out of touch and believing that's how people show endearment in a photo-op. You honestly think Biden lacks that much self-awareness to attempt to satisfy his alleged pedo desires in political photo-ops? Do you think the 50+ pairs of parents of those children in all those photo-ops are disgusting parents because not a single parent has ever made a complaint. If you jump automatically to pedophilia when you see that video you either have your mind go straight into the gutter or are a right wing troll.

#842 fchowd0311, May 13, 2020
    jiggyfly, Rashmon and Jayzers_100 like this.
  3. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Thank you for staying on subject. I was trying to tell other posters not to turn this thread into another Trump bashing because we have so many already, and I was attacked mercilessly for it.

4. fchowd0311

Now I'm confident. If you believe Sanders to be the ideal choice and also believe Biden and Trump are "equivalent", then again, you either are being insincere or out of your mind.

Please explain to me how there is any chance of future proggesive policies that you allegedly care about by claiming you believe Sanders to be the ideal candidate if Trump is reelected and replaces 2 other Supreme Court Justices? Please tell me how any future potential Medicare For All Bill survives the Supreme Court?

Btw, @generalthade_03 has the complete diametrically opposed views on policy and rhetoric as Bernie Sanders.

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I’ll bite and bring this back in for @generalthade_03 sake. I actually laughed at the clip posted earlier with Reade’s allegations playing during a collage of Biden clips. There’s nothing sexual in the slightest about what he’s doing. In fact, if any of you never had grandparents who didn’t put their hands on your shoulders or kiss your face in an awkward way, I feel sorry for you because it’s a sign of affection. This is by far the weakest attempt at negative advertising that I’ve seen in quite some time.

jiggyfly, Rashmon and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

Ya it's a red flag that someone is trolling if they watch that video and think "pedo".

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. generalthade_03

The Dems establishment are terrified of Bernie and they’re trying everything to destroy him. Bernie has the best chance going up against Trump. I don’t agree with his politics but Bernie does not have the baggage like Biden has. That tells me the Dems are not interested in winning 2020, but why? Do they have something else up their sleeves? Another candidate like Michelle Obama to enter the last minute? I don’t think it will happened because this virus had messed up almost everything. Time can only tell, but it will be an interesting election.

8. generalthade_03

I usually hate political ads from both sides because you already know what’s going to happen most of the time, and frankly they’re similar and kind of boring. However, the Trump people did a very good job with this one and it might stick if enough people saw it.

9. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

It really makes me question your motives when you question the EIGHT accusers who have spoken out, which by the way he apologizd for getting too much in their personal space. Sounds like you backpedalling and are arguing that you think Biden isn't a creep now, is that what you're saying?

As I mentioned, I'm not going to argue with you about whether Trump or Biden is more of a pervert so if that's all you're going to say then we're done here. I get why you and many others in this country hate Trump and I don't give two f**** about what you think my motives are because I assure you I don't have any other than the fact I will not go out and vote for someone like him, Biden or Hillary. If you want to put $20 up for the tip jar, I'll gladly screenshot (or live video so you can ensure I'm not altering the text messages) of my recent text conversations with close friends of mine and you'll see that to be true as I didn't vote in 2016 and don't plan on doing so in 2020 unless they go with someone other than Biden or Sanders (I would rather have him though to be clear).

It's ridiculous you and others are OKAY with supporting Biden because he "isn't as creepy or as much of a perv as Trump" and once again I'm not arguing that he isn't (hell I wouldn't be surprised to hear Trump was banging young girls on Epstein's island with him and Bill) - I'm sick of people accepting this type of behavior and brushing it under the table when it suits them but attacking when it doesn't (go read the Kavanaugh article I posted...if you still can't tell by now I believe they are ALL guilty). If others would just stop accepting this by standing up and saying "we don't want this man and we won't vote in the election unless you back someone else", do you really think they would continue backing Biden with little chance of winning the election? No.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

You clearly lack reading comprehension. Where the hell did I say he was the "ideal choice"? Let me ask you this question, if Sanders was the candidate, are you saying you would vote Trump instead of him?

11. fchowd0311

Well I'm not going to blame you for not reading my older posts (as in posts from just a couple of months ago). I am one of the biggest Bernie Supporters here. The ship has sailed for Bernie dude. It's Biden or Trump and if you think they are the same, then I don't know what else to say other than you are misguided or a troll.

Nook and Jayzers_100 like this.
  12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-allegations-women-2020-campaign-2019-6

Y'all are actually straight up dense if y'all think "that was all innocent touching" if you read what these women ACTUALLY SAID about him.

A DEMOCRAT POLITICIAN said the following: "My brain couldn't process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused," she wrote. "The vice-president of the United States of America had just touched me in an intimate way reserved for close friends, family, or romantic partners — and I felt powerless to do anything about it ... Even if his behavior wasn't violent or sexual, it was demeaning and disrespectful."

I'm done with these conversations, I might as well be arguing with a redneck Trump supporter that thinks his actions are all misconstrued as well.

Edit: My departing advice...actually consider voting for the Democrat or Republican candidate and read unbiased news instead of just the garbage that is on CNN or Fox News that helps fuel your biases. It's amazing how many people are too lazy (or in some cases too dumb) to actually use the resources (e.g. an iPhone with the ability to do a Google search and find any information) that they have at their disposal. The American government doesn't have to worry about the people figuring things out for themselves...who needs censorship like China.

#852 Htown Stros, May 13, 2020
  13. fchowd0311

So you touch your friends and family in a sexual way? So was it a sexual way or in a close family endearment type of way? You understand that quote contradicts the claim of sexuality or that lady believes that sexual touching is the same as a family or close friend type of touching.

Tara Reade is the first accuser to say the invasion of personal space was sexual in nature. All the other adult women who've made statements agreed that they thought it wasnt sexual but still odd. And what about the parents? Not a single pair of those 50+ parents have ever complained. Please tell me the statistical odds of 50+ parents who allegedly from your words had children molested by Biden not come out at all to complain.

Nook likes this.
  14. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

No I didn't go read your older posts as I typically stay away from these type of "debates" because all they do is anger me because it always immediately turns into a red vs. blue debate. Based on what you were saying it seemed like you were NOT a Sanders supporter so I apologize and it's nothing personal with you it's just annoying I can't have a discussion with either party. Yes, Trump is a worse person than Biden but I don't accept either of them and I don't Biden four years from now to be the candidate either so I'm stuck in a hard place and I'm just sick of the fighting between the two parties.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

How can you see the clips of Biden and construe it in a sexual way? Ok someone didn’t like the way he was touching them and Biden apologized. So what? He’s a touchy-feely guy and he’s clearly not doing it for sexual reasons. I’ll be 10000% honest and say I didn’t even think the “grab her by the p***y tape” was that big a deal. Trump wasn’t running for office and he was possibly grandstanding in front of Billy Bush because they were alone in a bus together. But when you couple that tape with allegations against Trump, you can see the difference between the two men.

No I’m not making this a “Trump is worse” than Biden” argument. I’m saying there are two types of men when it comes to sexual allegations. Some who are flippant about their sexual behavior and think they’re entitled to p***y. Then others who may have been too personal with someone, perhaps with no inappropriate intent, but nonetheless crossed a line they shouldn’t have.

If Biden made people feel uncomfortable, they felt uncomfortable. He has since apologized and reasonable people can see the clips and determine that he had no foul intent. That’s all there is to it. This isn’t a real story, it’s a fabrication for election season.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Yes the two party system does inherently suck but at this moment in time there is only a binary choice. A no show for someone who supporters proggesive polices is a vote towards Trump, a person you believe to be a worse person.

Trump would also end any chance of future proggesive legislation due to the courts stacked against us. As the millennial generation grows older and votes more often, progressive ideas such as M4A will start bring the status quo policy position for mainstream Democrats hopefully.

Htown Stros and Jayzers_100 like this.
  17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

So the girl accusing him is just a liar right? If you think any of these men are innocent you're kidding yourselves...how did others like Obama, Warren Buffet, etc. go their entire lives and not get accused of raping someone? I don't see how you can look at Biden, Trump and Clinton and give any of those guys the benefit of the doubt and accuse a woman of lying about something like that...why would anyone want to subject themselves to that?

18. generalthade_03

He is a Bernie supporter bro, his first choice was not Biden.

19. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

That's fair and I definitely agree with the millennial generation comment (I was born in 87 and sounds like you're around that age as well if I had to guess?) - I truly do think this country will improve once we continue to grow older and push out some of the stubborn, stuck in their ways older folks (I love my dad but the man is impossible to talk rationally with and is a prime example). My argument is that I believe they would back off from Biden support if some of the polls started showing Democrat voters don't approve of him at a higher rate than the 28% I saw in a recent poll (not sure historically what others such as Hillary or Trump were but I feel like that is a high rate).

Edit: Anyhow apologies if I came off too strong and came across as offensive, especially when I thought you didn't support Sanders over Biden. I'm off to bed and hope in 8 years we will look back and laugh at all of this together :D

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Trying to change the candidate this late in the the election cycle is going to accomplish nothing besides fragmenting the party. I've made my peace understanding that Bernie won't be president. I'm hoping a younger more charismatic individual takes up Bernie's ideas and becomes the new leader of the progressive movement in the future.

#860 fchowd0311, May 13, 2020
    Htown Stros likes this.