1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] Flynn charged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Dec 1, 2017.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was that your opinion when the FBI was investigating Clinton and her associates?

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The investigation of Russian collusion has to do with the campaign. If Trump had directed Flynn to meet with the Russians regarding ISIS as a candidate that would be unethical and probably illegal as that would essentially be running a shadow foreign policy not at the behest of the current Administration.

[EDIT] Just to add one more thought. Flynn as an ex-general still has many contacts in the active military and is probably very aware of many things going on with the military regarding tactics and strategy. If he did discuss with Russia at the behest of Trump dealing with ISIS, while neither he nor Trump were officially part of the US government, dealing with ISIS and discussed the disposition of US forces, strategy and tactics to a known adversary of the US that would amount to treason.

#102 rocketsjudoka, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That superpower is an ally of and enables a nation-sate you personally think is a large contributor to terrorism, Iran.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Because the alternative to cutting deals with the little guy is to say "We'll just stop at convicting the little guy and never worry about the big fish."

Your plan to get rid of corruption by refusing to make deals with any of them would just make corruption even easier to get away with.

5. Major

Major Member

Weren't you the one that told us that the fact that no charges were filed a few months ago meant that the FBI hadn't found anything and that this was all a witchhunt?

Interesting that you also now pro-obstruction-of-justice.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I actually agree with you on this commodore. I would never cooperate with the FBI in this type of scenario.

In Flynn's case though it's seems obvious that he cooperated with the intent to lie as part of a broader program of lies that all of the others did.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

next shoe drops...

Kushner Is Said to Have Ordered Flynn to Contact Russia
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...-said-to-have-ordered-flynn-to-contact-russia

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. NewRoxFan

Speaking of ex-FBI Director James Comey...

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This is loony-tunes. There is nothing corrupt about the FBI making plea deals to get the testimony they need to convict ringleaders. The rest of this ridiculous argument falls apart when you recognize there isn't anything corrupt about the FBI's approach. Neither will the FBI be committing any political assassinations against their own president. This is some extreme rationalizing to avoid admitting Trump is crooked. Your naive cynicism about the pandemic of corruption in our government is a bit dangerous given the conclusions it leads you to. Be careful out there (or the FBI might get you!!).

Talking to the FBI allowed Flynn to skate by with a slap on the wrist instead of being the fall guy for Trump. Lying is not the only thing they've got on Flynn, I'm sure. You really think he was better off saying nothing and have the FBI prosecute him to the full extent of the law when he just struck a deal to plead guilty to one minor charge? If there is a object lesson for never talking to the FBI, this isn't it.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You buy that Rush Limbaugh ****? Be prepared to watch your boy get impeached unless he steps down first!

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sounds like even RL is leaving the door open. LOL...

KingCheetah likes this.
  14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I don't know the laws regarding a candidate meeting with a foriegn leader. I remember Trump traveling to Mexico to meet with the Mexican president to talk about trade deals. I don't think anyone considered that running a shadow government.

15. NewRoxFan

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hypothetical question here, and even the republicans can play this game: At what point does Trump not getting impeached pose more of a liability than just straight impeaching him? Like from a strategy point of view, how much evidence is enough. Like let's say Trump is not directly tied down to this, but his kids, his staff, hell, even his maid has ties to Russian interference. Is that enough for the party to cut ties with him for fear of losing far more than the presidency? Like if all the earth around him is scorched, but he's untouched, do you still want him as a president if you're on the Republican side of things?

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

When his core base start to drop him and his poll number drops below 30% to say 25%, that is when GOP would start considering drop him to cut losses and put in Pence, if that ever happens, I would imagine it is 2019 or 2020.

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He must know something. The justice would have to roll "up" to Trump for him to get some so I guess he is safe. Kushner, on the other hand....

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As Flynn's statement clearly lays out, he was DIRECTED by senior Trump officials to discuss sanctions to the Russian government, and coordinate Russias reaction to them, and how the Trump administration will work with them on the sanctions after Trump takes office.

And here is some of the "public" knowledge already out there about Trump's attempt to make good on this clear attempt to undermine US policy while they were not in office & not authorized to make those decisions.

I'm not a prosecutor myself, but I think there is a big difference in campaign promises for better relations and unilateral deals with foreign countries on the campaign trail, and literally discussing policy and cutting deals while not in office that directly conflict current laws & policy.

You can argue whether they broke the law or didn't but what you can't argue is that there is an actual law that this situation relates to, and at the VERY LEAST this is unethical and unAmerican even if he did not break the law officially.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yes please I want to collude with some of that

[​IMG]