1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Braxton Miller - Texans 3rd round pick, 85th overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2016.

?

Do you agree with the pick?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2016.
  1. YES

90.0%
  2. NO

10.0%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hmm, starting to think Strong is out of favor.

Deandre, Lamar, Fuller, Braxton.

That's some weapons to work with assuming Brock develops and the OL holds up.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Texans O is going to be explosive this year. Fuller by himself is going to keep the safeties out of the box.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

:grin:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You forgot Hopkins

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

maybe but you can also throw Braxton in the slot which he's accustomed to playing and keep Strong on the outside

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Fuller taking a safety with him...Braxton working the slot...Hopkins doing his thing on the side... and Lamar chip blocking in the backfield before turning into a receiver.

What does the defense do? Can't double Hopkins...Fuller pulls the safety leaving space in the middle of the field open for Braxton...Linebacker trying to keep up with Lamar. The possibilities are crazy with this offense.

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Actually you can even put Strong in the slot also...more of a big slot receiver and Braxton on the outside as well....hybrid schemes both ways if OBrian wants to move his toys around

8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

This could be FUN!

9. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Andre Johnson like "This is some bull****."

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

hahaha

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Lmao ....hilarious :) :grin:

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm a little shocked by these happy responses. Fuller is a fast guy that can't catch and Miller is a QB playing receiver. Speed is great and all but you win games on the line. The only positive I see is the fact both players genuinely seem to want to be here. Receivers are notorious for slow development and I'd be really surprised if that wasn't the case here. Miller hopefully will be good for two or three touchdowns on special teams or run plays to give us something this year.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

14. cardpire

cardpire Member

should put on 50 lbs and play TE for a couple years.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I thought we debunked the whole "Fuller can't catch" garbage in the other thread, but I guess not. Have you checked his college stats?? Guys who can't catch don't go for 30 TDs, 17+ ypc. And Braxton had ONE DROP all year. .....he's more than just a retooled QB. He's an explosive athlete that has the potential to take one to the house every single time he touches the ball.

The reason why we're happy is because we see the potential this offense possesses. This might be the fastest, most explosive offense in the NFL now. Just insane talent everywhere on the field.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah, I think it's more of a billy finally put Rick in a cage draft.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You debunked every article I've read that says he has suspect hands. Mkay. How'd you do that? By citing stats after he caught the ball? I'm not sure that computes. Fuller isn't going to line up and get free runs down the field in the NFL like in college.

I read one piece that said Fuller had 20 drops over the last two years and I believe the Texans led the league in drops last year at some point.

Unfortunately I think this is the same Rick Smith ****show we've seen for years. I sure hope it isn't and these guys are freaking awesome. In trying to be objective, it looks like we paid big dollars to a QB with a couple mediocre NFL games under his belt and drafted a couple receivers that have high bust potential.

Ultimately I think we'll regret not taking Doctson. He's the star imho.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Basically people universally agree he has huge upside. May take him a year or 2 to really hit his stride with the nuances of the position, but he has difference maker potential.

A 3rd round pick isn't insignificant, but given the potential I'm fine with this risk.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think it's a combination of both.

20. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Damn your irl must suck asw if you're a dude b****ing ao much lol

Relax bro