1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Braxton Miller - Texans 3rd round pick, 85th overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2016.

?

Do you agree with the pick?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2016.
  1. YES

90.0%
  2. NO

10.0%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that wasn't a great throw, but it was still catchable....it just wasn't caught. It was a close throw though and on those you need to be more accurate so I wouldn't be overly critical of Miller for dropping it.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wasn't knocking him, I was praising him. After the first throw he was literally perfect on his passes. The receivers didn't catch two of them, but his placement was perfect.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I know, I was just saying that even when he missed, like on the first throw, it was still pretty good. If that's the QB we get this season.....damn, the Texans will go far.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

I was super excited when the Texans drafted Miller, and I'm still very excited. I think he has star potential. We have to remember that he's still learning the position, so we won't see what he's really capable of for a year or two. Suddenly the Texans are flush with WR talent.

5. justtxyank

If yesterday wasn't just "one of those games" where everything clicked (and I don't truly mean that he has to be like 90% on passes ha!) and was reflective of him having a good grasp of the offense and good understanding of his receivers, they are going to be deadly on offense. We haven't seen it yet, but sets that feature Ervin in the backfield with Hopkins, Miller and Fuller on the outside is going to be deadly. Teams aren't going to know how to lineup. Splitting Ervin out wide with a linebacker on him will be death for teams.

6. justtxyank

So flush that Jaelen Strong who's allegedly had a really good camp has basically been a non-factor. I still think we will see a lot of him though in the red zone where Fuller's speed downfield isn't as valuable.

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

That is a special release. To not even get touched in press coverage and then the separation in about a 2 second timeframe. If he can become even more refined I am excited. Was kind of skeptical with all of the hype surrounding him but seeing the quick separation like this in slo mo was impressive. It doesn't take much for a receiver to create separation if they know what they are doing and it looks like he knows what he is doing.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah I see a little bit of Percy in him too. I just think given the way his role is as a slot in this system right now, it really does remind me a lot of Edelman. That would be such a nice weapon to have in this offense to go along with two gifted wide outs. The only thing they'd be missing is a TE who can consistently catch.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I really like Stephen Anderson.

His push off yesterday was so-so.

Used to see Gronk do it all the time. He will develop to be our best receiving TE.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

https://twitter.com/patdstat

Yall have to check out her twitter today.

Going on about Braxton Miller.

Also shows a route from the Cardinals game that literally destroyed the Nickle Corner.

He is going to have some huge games from the slot.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I feel like Braxton will find space all day with those kinds of routes...nobody can keep up with him and he'll be the perfect target for when Brock needs to get rid of the ball quickly.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That hesitation jab step, stop and go on the route was amazing. I wonder if that was by design or if he had pretended to do a come back before taking off back into the original route he was running. Then after he caught it, that stop spin change direction takeoff was amazing as well! :eek:

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

From the Arizona game:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Someone asked me what I thought of Braxton Miller. I mentioned an AND1 tape. Look at this route. <a href="https://t.co/I9SXnEXnlL">pic.twitter.com/I9SXnEXnlL</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/770473044406046724">August 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

#274 Crashlanded19, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I watched that yesterday and was like:

[​IMG]

Newlin likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

o_O

18. Buck Turgidson

What an awesome thread bump! If I only had a horse and gun emoji.

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Huge! That would've changed the momentum of the game.

CJ had a few drops too though. One for a TD that led to a field goal.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

:eek::oops::(