1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Knight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by da_juice, Aug 31, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man I agree that knight is not terrible, but is that how you address rockets VETs? How do you even muster the audacity to even type like that about a legend on this forum?

da_juice likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And that 19 ppg was a result of bad shooting on a disastrous team with no D.

Then Malakas is really picky because that was the best he could summon up.

3. hakeemthagreat

Lol. The audacity of me to speak ill of the legend that is Donatas Motiejūnas. There is only one, and will never be another!!! What's wrong with me

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

We all know that if Ryan performed to 50-75% of that contract he’d still be here. His contract was putrid but his level of play was damn near as bad.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    ’13-14: 58/175 33%
    ’14-15: 75/195 39%
    ’15-16: 59/158 37%
    ’16-17: 24/77 31%

Deuce, hakeem94, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Where do you find these charts?

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There are a lot of middle-aged white guys on this forum who would adopt DMo. Tread carefully. ;)

Plowman likes this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

nbasavant.com

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Be patient.

BK is going to have a good year. We have guys with the whole "chip on your shoulder" reputation. He's in that mold as well.

I remember the fear when #FreeBird Ego signed here. His history of injuries, surgeries,etc made posters want to flip him immediately.

Look where we are now with Ego:

*It isn't mentioned enough, but without EGo's crunch time shots against Golden State, we may have not won. Those were pressure-heavy attempts and makes. IMO, his value is very underrated.

So, with Knight, give him a minute to get on the floor and show what he can do. I don't care if Kyrie made him fall. I vividly recall CP3 sending Steph "I'm not half the player of LeBron, Harden, KD, GreekFreak" Curry to the ground numerous times.

I'm happy with the trade. My disappointment is with Tyson Chandler. I was told from a good Ear in PHX that we've tried to pry him away in different scenarios and that we'd finally have our shot this summer. But, I get it: Chriss is a younger guy with upside.

Still, when Phoenix doesn't make the playoffs and TC wants one last shot to win, I know we'll take a good look. That rim protection is underrated, and as well as Clint protects our errors, we need another guy with that defensive anticipation and a personality like Tuck's (same ear who mentioned Tuck to me mentioned TC fyi)

And as always, Morey is never finished with the roster. I get bits and pieces from dependable people, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he has conversations about transactions. He's "A Beautiful Mind" without Russell Crowe's schizophrenia . (No disrespect)

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just listened to the Locked On Suns podcast about this trade. They HATE Brandon Knight and are happy to see him gone. Pretty interesting. Said his favorite shot is a 21 step back that he isn't very efficient on. More interesting: they barely talked about Chriss. It's like he was a complete and total after thought to them. They also don't like Ryan Anderson's fit and they definitely believed strongly that Melton is the best player in involved in this transaction.

Anyway, it made me way less excited about the upside of this deal. Though I still think it will be easier to move off of Knight than it was to move off of Ryno if Knight can show he's at all healthy and playable.

#90 Williamson, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    malakas and da_juice like this.
  11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Ultimately this is how we should view this trade: we got two guys that MAY help us this year vs one guy that WOULD NOT have helped us, simply because he appears to be broken.

D-rock, ThunderStruck and penny1magic like this.
  12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I have always looked at this as a positive to Knight. How many point guards are even going to try to block that?

hakeem94, BigMaloe, bmd and 3 others like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just remember when Ego and Anderson* signed with the Rockets and left NO, NO fans were saying good riddance to them too.

#93 DreamShook, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea same here. I don’t understand why people didn’t see the other side of this. Yea DJs dunk was great because he was still pretty far. But at least Knight wasn’t afraid of trying to dunk it. Dj is like twice his size or weight. I personally gave him props

darksoul35, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and they were 1/2 right :D

Williamson, Zboy, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most folks seem to forget or don't understand what was happening, but DMo was turning into a helluva player before the back injury KO'd him. Just because a player loses a career to injury doesn't mean one should discount what he was/becoming before. No respect.

Vivi, hakeem94, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think this is a fair sentiment.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We forget that Anderson had one good season with the Rockets before he got the yips.

Pat and Remlap like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

followed by 28% on 3's in the postseason :X

DreamShook likes this.
  20. Granville

Granville Member