1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Jennings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 21, 2010.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Jennings doesn't match Rondo in talent or athleticism. It's hard to overcome his "tiny-ness". Saying he shoots better than Rondo says absolutely nothing.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

At the CURRENT rate I see Jennings being Kenny Anderson-like. A very solid starting pro guard on the small side, good enough to make an All Star game or 2, get himself a nice contract. One of the better guards in the league but not quiiiite ELITE until he gets his team into a deep deep playoff run (like Chauncey Billups)

Difference is Kenny Anderson was considered "THE Next Great PG" while Jennings was projected by some to be a bust, so Anderson worked "downward" and Jennings is working upward.

1 person likes this.
  3. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

i remember when we were discussing PG ranking last year and i never mentioned jennings. somebody said that he's legit after his first few games and that 55pt game.

i just said he was playing for the milwaukee bucks. seems like every PG who plays for them get inflated scoring : mo, sessions, and now jennings.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jennings isn't tiny at all, he's a very respectable 6'1, same height as Rondo in fact. I also don't see why other posters don't think he's athletic, he's extremely explosive on the court and his straight-line speed isn't that bad either.

True his shot does need work, but at least its better than Rondo, and he's already an an above average ft shooter (81%) and average 3 pt shooter (35%). Contrast that with Rondo's 41% FT shooting and 33% 3p shooting and you see a world of difference.

I'm not sure why people seem so down on BJ. Right now in his 2nd year in the league he's already giving you solid D, average playmaking, 17 pts, 5 assists, 4 rebs and 1 steal on only 2 turnovers per game. I'd trade Brooks for him in a heartbeat, his upside is extremely high.

5. mosessmalone

mosessmalone Member

he is faster and jumps higher than rondo

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Absolutely concur!!!
    Great post.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Kenny is one of my favorite players period...Jennings aint like Kenny...Jennings more like Hardaway,,,,

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

kevin johnson with more range

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

KJ didnt shy away from contact ....

10. mosessmalone

mosessmalone Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ifx_gRF-ouU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ifx_gRF-ouU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11. Stepping Razor

Hahaha

12. DreamsRockets

DreamsRockets Member

very good comparison based on the few times i've seen jennings play.

kenny was very good and had a boatload of hype at georgia tech. like jennings, he was left-handed, great at getting to the rim and handled the ball extremely well. he had some of the nicest crossovers i've seen but he couldn't shoot worth a lick. that hurt his ability to get to the basket as guards would just play off of him and give him room to shoot. he was also good at finishing around the rim with those teardrops and runners until Starks destroyed his wrist. really good distributor and floor general.

with jennings, it's more about his shot selection rather than having a weak jumper. his inefficiency really brings his stock down and efficiency really matters in the playoffs where every possession is crucial. other than that, he's a good floor general and seems to have good control of the game.

13. DreamsRockets

DreamsRockets Member

OT but this play gets my nerves everytime i see it. how overrated is this dunk? it wasn't game-changing or anything since it happened in garbage time. we had the game in hand (had a 11 point lead with around 2:20 left). hakeem was a bit late on the contest and didn't attempt to block the dunk as he would've in the heat of the game. it was more of a half-assed effort than anything. he didn't rotate as quickly or effectively as he normally did. he was trapped alongside baseline which isn't the greatest position to block a dunk. add the fact, kj was coming in with the speed of a bullet and it's not surprising he got posterized.

kj had a better dunk on "hot rod" williams but that's never brought up for whatever reason.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brandon Jennings will never be better than Rondo, imo...

15. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

hard to say... look who rondo passes to now look who jennings passes to.

i still take rondo but jennings does have to do more for his team to win.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

let's see the other point guards do this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVhs4jACVbA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVhs4jACVbA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. ferrari77

Beg to differ.
    I agree with the post that compares Kenny and Jennings abilities.

18. ferrari77

You're so wrong for bringing this back up. :grin:

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Bad news for Jennings and his fans.. Broke his foot, out 4-6 weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5939551

20. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

dang it. now i need a replacement for 6 weeks.

I hope Dooling picks things up and can contribute.