1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Ingram, the next Durant/Greak Freak?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by DeAleck, Dec 16, 2015.

1. omgTHEpotential

Probably. He's a legit prospect. Simmons is more likely to become a bust.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I agree with that aswell. I don't see anybody panning out in this draft. Hield could be special, as I view him as a slower Damian Lillard but other than that, maybe Sabonis can become a DMo type player but that's it... he's nowhere near what his dad was. I wanna see what Bender can do though

3. omgTHEpotential

I really like Bender. He can do something that Porzingis can't - pass the ball at an elite level. I think Bender might become a longer, more athletic Pau Gasol.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't care much for the Players Tribune as a whole. Just seems like its trying to hard. Or maybe it was the Kobe letter... whatever.

But Ingram's is pretty decent. Seems like a smart, hungry kid.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/brandon-ingram-duke-goodbye-letter/

I think he has all-star potential easily, maybe more, but depends on how his game progresses.

It should also be noted that his birthdate is 9/2/97... which means when next season starts he will have just turned 19, so he is incredibly young. Basically only 3 months younger than someone like Lebron was his rookie year, even though Bron did the straight from high school to NBA thing.

Ingram on the Celtics or Pelicans could be scary down the road.

#24 JayZ750, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  5. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

That's a great letter. Seems like a good kid. He played his heart out in the second half of the year on both side of the floor, and cried when Duke lost. I'd take him over Simmons for sure now.

6. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I think Simmon will be Pippen if he pans out. Issue free Odom if not. No way he is Lebron.

But the chance he reaches Pippen status, is probably only 10-20%.