1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Ingram out for the season with a blood clot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by amaru, Mar 9, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I know I am jumping the gun, since this is just a forum lol not a diagnosis. But don't forget the factors such as every other day long hour flights, trauma from contact will remain for the rest of his carreer and can't be avoided. Even surgeries in the future. Especially if it's unprovoked.
    I am just saying that things don't look optimistic carreer wise for him.
    The percentages for recurrence of DVT are for normal people not athletes for contact sports.

When his genetic results come out things will be cleared.
    Thoughts and prayers to him.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun like him but I dun wish anything that bad upon him.

Really tough, tough news.

BigShasta and BamBam like this.
  3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Guy was ballin before the injury, nearly 28ppg last six games. He has career highs this year in PPG and rebounds, turned 21 at the beginning of the season. This is all under a horrible coach. Really should have just built around him and DLo and stayed young. A core of DLo, Ingram, and Tatum, and a real coach makes the playoffs in the West, and that is with 2 max spots available. This is why Paul George stayed in OKC.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how well do you Sean Elliot lyrics?

BeBreezy likes this.
  5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I’m impressed you remember that!

It’s his first clot, and when it’s a peripheral vein like that, it’s likely to be from trauma or something mechanical. Genetic and functional testing can help but is sometimes difficult to interpret until the coagulation system is in homeostasis again - which means after treatment.

DVTs are less life-threstening than PE’s (lung clots), but really most PE’s were DVT’s that migrated, so it’s more of a function of when you catch it, combined with the overall risk of migration. Historically upper DVTs have been considered lower risk - but recent data suggest that this may not be entirely true.

Overall, I think he has a good shot at full recovery. If he has recurrent clots, I would rule out something mechanical (venous outlet obstruction). That being said - I don’t know exactly where his clot is, and I’m not sure if it’s been disclosed. If it’s not mechanical and is recurrent, it’s going to be a tough decision...

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope he comes back 100%

Rocket River