1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Flowers?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by cmpatel, Jun 13, 2014.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Can always use more corners

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

His value is down after this last season. If he blames his role change under the new DC in KC for his regression, I could see him signing only a one year deal to prove he's still good and hoping to turn that good season into a bigger multi-year deal in 2015. And if he wants to rebuild his value, it couldn't hurt to go back to the DC that he excelled with.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The match just seems TOO perfect. Would be ecstatic is he's given a shot (and accepts) in Houston. System he previously excelled in.....why not.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

He would be a great pickup.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

Get him. He's battle born.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The thought is pretty interesting, I wonder if they'd move KJax to the slot if they landed Flowers (assuming his poor play last year was only poor scheme fit)

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

From what I've heard, Kareem has gotten time at both inside and outside corner during OTAs. It probably falls under the umbrella of OB and Romeo wanting to be versatile rather then them seriously considering moving him to slot corner, but still, he's already started getting reps there.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Good point sir. I just hope if they do get him, they don't put him in the slot.

9. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

When there's nowhere else to run, is there room for this guy on our team?

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There will be a bidding war. Not at his previous $9 mil. salary, but a couple of teams will go after him hard. He won't be around long. I read that several teams were doing work on him before he was even cut in preparation of signing him.

I guess the one thing that might attract him would be the Crennel connection, but I think there are other teams that will come after him that he will find more appealing, and they'll offer more than the Texans would want to, in terms of money and playing time/a starting position.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he thinks the drop in his production had to do with scheme fit then he might want to get back into the Crennel system which would make a comparable offer from the Texans better than anyone else's

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You Read My Mind

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Remii

Remii Member

I don't know why I thought a free agent of value would come running to a 2-14 team, with a rookie head coach, and the fact that AJ is trippin.

I'm not positive Rick wanted him anyway. They may like what they already have.

15. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Or is he dancer.....

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Or it could be that Romeo Crennel told the team that he wasn't worth the signing or the trouble or something else. Why does it automatically have to be that the player rejected the Texans or that it's somehow the GM's fault?