1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I too was impressed with Braggs..He seemed to own the word: positioning...and had a very good deal of hustle...very impressive!...

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Amazing that an undrafted rookie can hustle more and play with more heart in 1 preseason than a certain 1st round draft choice can in 2 years...

3. PrinceDevon

PrinceDevon Member

Didn't these same Nuggets just beat the Spurs? give credit were credit is due..... Braggs had a good game can he keep it up, well I guess we'll see Saturday because the grizz have some young up and coming big men also. it will be good to see how or front court matches up with them.

4. SLA

SLA Member

heh...it's all about PERFORMANCE. And determination...and will...and passion for the game.

Braggs is doing fine. He still missed some layups..but he's hustling and getting rebounds. That's really all we need from him if we can get Yao, Francis, Mobley, Jackson, Nachbar, and Taylor to score....we have plenty of scorers..if they can all score 15 points per game...90 points already! I like how Braggs is always in the right place somehow. :D

Cuttino looks bad? Why? I thought he did great..made open shots...a lot of open shots. He did miss one free throw! Oh no! I think we should keep Mobley now..

Nick Van Exel? He's good..I like him..but..he's kinda old..makes too much..kinda short to play defense..no, he'd be great with us.

Van Exel 33/Moochie 15/Wilks
    Francis 36/Piatkowski 12
    Jackson 15/Nachbar 15/Griffin 15/Piatkowski 3
    Cato 24/Taylor 24/Braggs/Padgett
    Yao 30/Cato 6/Amaechi 12

I'd rather keep Mobley for half a season and see how we do..

5. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Francis/Moochie
    Jackson/Mobley
    Nachbar/Pike/Jackson
    Braggs/MoT
    Yao/Cato

6. SLA

SLA Member

I like having Cato starting at 4..

Nachbar starting is fine with me though...unless it's against Shawn Marion or Jamal Mashburn or Lebron James or Rashard Lewis or etc.

I think MObley could be a great 6th man playing like 30 minutes a game.

7. Nova

Nova Member

Francis/Moochie or Wilks
    Mobley/Pike
    Jackson/Nachbar or Braggs
    Cato/MoT/Braggs
    Yao/Cato

Nachbar CANNOT start yet. His defense is still subpar and he's still getting his feet wet. He shouldn't get as many as 20 minutes yet either. Around 10-15 sounds about right. Jackson and Pike are both better options at the 3 than Nachbar right now. Cato starting at the four has been working wonders, why move he back now? Keep him there with MoT coming off the bench as offense off the bench and Braggs can rack up around 10-15 minutes spotting at the 3 and 4 (if he continues to play well in the next few games).

8. SLA

SLA Member

Exactly. This is why I love this new Rockets roster. We are very deep! Maybe our guys aren't exactly talented at individual games...but they are team players and all play hard and have special roles...thanks to JVG!

We have plenty of time to experience. I am sure that JVG will make the necessary adjustments to win!

9. rothdaniel

rothdaniel Member

Nachbar and Braggs are not starters yet.

Cato proved he should start. I was impressed.

Braggs was great with the energy coming off the bench.

Nachbar looked soft.

Moochie at Mobley scare me. Too many dumb mistakes.

JJ was a huge off season acquisition.

10. cujo

cujo Member

We're dogging a guy for scoring 21 points 8 rebounds in a 17 point win???? WOW! CLutch Fans are tough!:D

11. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I thought he played well. His shot wasn't falling regularly but he was aggressive and got to the free throw line when his shot wasn't falling and then it started to later in the game. Once he gets adjusted to the system which it appears he is trying and is achieving we will be stronger. I have FAITH!! I BELIEVE!!!

12. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

Braggs was solid.

MObley......well, he's starting to learn, slowly. Whether it's fast enough we'll see. He still took some stupid shots that were not in the flow of the offense. He's getting better, but still has relapses. But we can't really complain if he led the team in points. If we get rid of him, unless we get a scorer in return, we're gonna suffer. Didja see that steal he made and then the awesome dribble move to get around Melo and score?!? It's no doubt he's got talent, but he's still got to play a little smarter and less selfish.

Moochie, i'm saddened to say, just sux.

13. eyeagainst

eyeagainst Contributing Member

We all know Cuttino is a way better shooter than his performance lastnight. Rockets had alot of days off, so their shooting rhythm wasnt so clean. When it comes down to it, its all mental. Cuttino will even do better saturday. Moochie is trying to hard, so therefore he forces those turnovers.

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The first half Cuttino was jacking up his usual ill-advised shots. It wasn't until the second half that he flowed with the offense. If you saw the first half, you should have seen the same thing. He was the only one not on the same page. I haven't been a Cuttino-hater in the past but he and Moochie had me frustrated.

Back to the thread though - Braggs played his role very well for his first NBA game.

15. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Braggs is our replacement for Tmo. The difference between the two is stuff between the ears and in the chest. Probably in a few years Tmo will get to be hungry like that.

16. DavidS

Thank you.

Here's how I feel. Cato is a temporary replacement for EG and (hurt) MoT. But Cato being a "starter at 4" is only because Yao is on our team. Yao is on our team! Cato is essentially helping Yao. Cato "proving" he can start is a little deceiving. We still need Yao.

So, take your pick. A team with Cato starting (wherever you like: 4 or 5) with no YAO. Or, Yao on our team, but Cato starting at the 4 or coming off the bench?

It doesn't matter. Yao allows that to happen.

So, I feel that Braggs can do the 4 job better than Cato and MoT. And Cato can come off the bench and do what he's always done; help rebounding and defense. Let Cato do what he's good at. A very good backup 5, coming off the bench. MoT, can be the backup 4.

17. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

As always, I am thankful you are not the one making the decisions for this team.

18. DavidS

"As always?" Oh ok. So you want Rudy ball back? You want Francis "iso's" back?
    I was against that!

Cato as the 4 is a necessity. It wasn't planed. So talk to me in a few months.

A strong bench is important too.

19. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Nice joke.

Braggs is a welcome surprise, but get serious.

20. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

He is a descent low positioning player with big body on the post. I like this guy.