1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boy do I miss Aubrey Huff

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by weslinder, Nov 13, 2007.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Does he ever make for good radio.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...bably-wont-be-doing-radio-again-anytime-soon/

Aubrey Huff Probably Won't Be Doing Radio Again Anytime Soon

In fact, I'm guessing Aubrey Huff won't be talking to any kind of media outlet without a Orioles media guy standing at his side.

As you've probably heard by now, Huff has been roasted in the local Baltimore press for calling the city a "horses--t" town during a recent appearance on XM Sirius Radio's Bubba the Love Sponge show. He tried to explain it by saying he was merely referring to the town's nightlife compared to Tampa, but that excuse wasn't good enough for a lot of people.

As it turns, though, poking fun at B-more's non-existent nightlife was about the least shocking thing he's said. Patrick Smith of Bugs and Cranks directs us to the full transcript of the radio appearance, courtesy of the Baltimore sports talk radio station WNST (part 1 and part 2). In addition to quite possibly being drunk on the air ...

Huff: "Vodka and red bull. Vodka and cranberry. No, no. Make it vodka and red bull! Make it happen! Half and half!"
    Bubba: "Looks like I'm driving Aubrey home!
    Huff: "I'll get the wife to pick me up. The wife will pick me up!"

... Huff was also quite candid about his sex life, which you can read about after the jump. (Be warned, though, it's a bit explicit. I don't think it's entirely NSFW, but it's probably not the type of thing you want a co-worker reading over your shoulder, either.)
    Producer: "...Who in here knows exactly how many women they've slept with?
    Bubba: "Aubrey!"
    Aubrey: "I couldn't even begin to tell ya. I couldn't even give ya a ballpark. I know I'm over..."
    Bubba: "Five hundred?"
    Aubrey: "No, no! I'd say between 2 and 300.

It's not quite Wilt Chamberlain's 20 grand, but still, I doubt that tidbit makes it's way into the Orioles media guide next year. Of course, he probably won't catch Wilt the Stilt now that he's married -- as he was all too happy to share, he simply takes care of himself these days, if you catch my drift.

Bubba: "Now Aubrey, do you jack off a lot on the road, like when you're not with your wife."
    Huff: "It's all I do. It's all I do. You guys have no idea how much downtime there is in baseball. You wake up from a hangover about 1 o'clock."
    Producer shouts: "In the afternoon?"
    Huff: "Oh, yeah! Lemme tell you this. When you are hung over, how horny are you? I'm horny, when I'm hungover, I'm horny. So I'm just gonna beat off. And that's all I do."

So, there you go. Because I'm sure this is the type of thing you wanted to hear about. Is any of this offensive? Perhaps to some, although anyone listening to the Bubba the Love Sponge show certainly knows what to expect.

But still, the Orioles can't be too pleased that this is the image he's projecting: drunk, sex-starved millionaires with nothing to do but satisfy themselves for hours before a game. Couldn't that time be used for, I don't know, preparing for the game? Perhaps, but Huff doesn't see the value in that:

Producer: "Do you guys do any studying or is there any of that going on? Or is the catcher the only one that's really gotta study anything?
    Huff: "The guys that are studying -- it's bull****. See ball, hit ball. You know what I mean? You've done it your whole life. You see the ball, you hit it. All this studying? Honestly, you're gonna look at a piece of, a TV? And say this guy, this guy is going to throw me this way? No, he might throw you a different way! Who cares? Just see it and hit it!

For a guy who's only 30 years old but has been in a steady decline for four years, that's probably not the type of thing you want to admit on the air. Maybe waking up hungover and refusing to watch video is why he hit just 15 home runs, or less than half of what he managed in his first full big-league season.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wow. What a dumbass.

That is all.

3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

thanks for that
    glad we traded our top shortstop prospect for that

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My girlfriend goes to school in Baltimore...and I was just there this weekend...and he is correct about the city.

Overall though, I cant believe how much of a moron he is.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

For the 10,000,000th time...Ben Zobrist was never going to play SS for the Astros.

6. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Hilarious.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

allsome.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

huff looks a little like a dumba$$ but big deal. it's just funny at worst.

i'm more confused about why the host asked if he jacked off?

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Exactly... Zobrist has been some stud, hasn't he?

11. msn

msn Member

This going in your "Pallilog", Charlie?

12. MaxwellsTemper

Yeah, because he was going to be a difference maker for us.... :rolleyes:

13. K mf G

i just can't believe the astros organization has so much devotion to adam everette, we are the only organization that would not consider looking at anyone else at this position, i just think if they have a prospect they should give him a look instead of trading (back then) for a left handed hitting morgan ensberg

14. msn

msn Member

Yeah, I can't believe they didn't try to trade for Miguel Tejada a couple of years ago. Poppycock.

Even if he hits worse than Everett? Something special, Zobrist ain't.

15. K mf G

not trying to say, especially since the numbers show what type of player he is, that zobrist is/was the answer,but different clubhouse, different situation

16. mokulen

mokulen Contributing Member

Wow, had no idea he was such a wild man! :eek: He seemed kind of quite - a 'man few words' - and always looked uncomfortable in post-game interviews. He must have been pretty hammered! :D

17. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

im sick of the hate on everett. he gets less than 3 million and is the best defensive player in the game. that's half of what Omar Vizquel gets and puts up the same numbers.

18. K mf G

that's an overstatement, he's not the best defensive shortstop in the game

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yes, he is. In fact, he's probably the best defensive player in the game at any position.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=2840290

20. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

ok 2nd best... vizquel being the only one better.