1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Juan Manuel Marquez

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by bladeage, Sep 6, 2009.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2009.
  1. Mayweather by KO/TKO

20.0%
  2. Mayweather by decision

55.6%
  3. Marquez by KO/TKO

13.3%
  4. Marquez by decision

11.1%
  1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

The only time I have any interest in Rocky Juarez is when I want to be bored to sleep. His style is so damn stale and boring. He has power but it's like he doesn't know how to utilize it. He doesn't know how to box well enough to open anyone up and use it. He just waits for the knockout to come.

Escobedo vs Katsidis is going to be a hell of a fight though. I wouldn't be surprised if that one has more action than Floyd/Marquez.

2. what

what Member

Juarez looked like he woke up against Chris John in the last two rounds of the last fight. I think he might press the issue this time around. The last fight was an extended feeling out period. We'll see, though. I just like boxing, period and I appreciate it at all levels.

3. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

It's all about UFC today. not boxing, not Floyd Gayweather

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

^^^ I am curious to see how much PPV cash each of UFC 103 and this fight brings in.

5. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

sopcast link pls?

6. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

I can't wait...ordering boxing on PPV for the first time in a long while tonight. After watching 24/7 I don't know how anybody could bring themselves to root for Floyd Mayweather. What a d-bag.

On a side note I called my local Buffalo Wild Wings and asked the chick if they were showing the Mayweather-Marquez fight and she replies "Is that football?" Then they connected me with a manager who said they weren't ordering the fight. "We do UFC though". What the hell? I mean it's their choice to lose business I guess but you're a 'sports bar' and you're not showing Mayweather-Marquez? Come on now.

7. what

what Member

You expected some chick to know what you where talking about? Ummm, get a clue chicks might know who tom "dreamboat" brady is and that is the extent of their sporting knowledge.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well so much for me going to a bar to watch this fight. Every bar I was going to go to is not showing it. Instead they are showing UFC.

Smh

9. what

what Member

What really pisses me off is that they make you shell out another ten dollars for hd. As if 49.99 isn't enough.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Some chicks no sports. But I wouldn't think for a woman to expect Mayweather vs. Marquez to be two football teams.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Same here with the showing UFC instead of boxing. How pathetic. I know boxing has fell off but come on.

12. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

49.99 is too much at this time. undercard is bad as well.

if it's pacman and floyd, it's ok.

13. what

what Member

Not the kind of chick that works at Buffalo Wild Wings. ;)

But on a side note, you are seriously trying to get into a serious discussion about chicks knowing sports, don't bring that weak *** stuff to the around your buddies, you'll liable to get laughed right out of your guy club.

Grow a pair dude.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Usually when I'm talking about women with my homeboys we aren't talking about them knowing sports. But since you're the one that stated it I just thought I would point out the obvious that their are women that know their sports.

I could give two ****s what any guy thinks about me thinking that.

15. what

what Member

If you think that this fight isn't worth watching at 49.99, I'd have serious doubts as to your powers to evaluation the relative quality of any undercard. But that's just me.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Back when Ali was fighting all his fights were free I think, and he is considered the greatest fighter to ever lived...

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

nah they frequently used closed circuit TV , you had to go to a movie theater etc to see it.

18. VanityHalfBlack

How much were ticket prices back then?

19. what

what Member

If the point were that boxing matches should be free, I'm not arguing that. Wow, this is a banal point; by the orginal poster's admission that isn't even the discussion. But thanks for bringing up an irrelevant point. The idea was that Marquez-Mayweather was not a good enough fight to warrant the price of addmission.

If you believe that, than my point remains. What it really tells me is that you really don't care for boxing, which is fine.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member