1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Confirmed - Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Victor Ortiz Sept 17th.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Evil Empire, Jun 7, 2011.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Watching the 24/7 it doesn't seem Ortiz if focusing enough on strategy and Mayweather's style. He's probably trying not to reveal too much but I see absolutely no game planning at all, just fitness training. Maybe it could just be the show not wanting to go too in depth.

2. what

what Member

Floyd gets my respect if he can handle Ortiz. I don't care what nobody says Ortiz is no joke, he ain't Ricky Hatton. I'm sure Floyd thinks he knows what he is doing, but I'm not sure he does.

We are gonna find once once Floyd gets tagged.

I seriously don't see this going the distance. Ortiz is gonna come out guns blazing. That might end up being his downfall for better or worse, but he will pressure Floyd.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Mayweather in 9.

4. SunsRocketsfan

what if they both lose? :)

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Ortiz looks really thin at the weigh in. Looks like he really had to cut weight.

6. SunsRocketsfan

they both came in at 147 basically. How is he thin? Looked pretty cut to me. Im just worried that he seems like he's too nice of a guy. Hopefully he can shut Floyd up though

7. SunsRocketsfan

Ortiz in 5!

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tip jar bet?

If Mayweather loses I donate 5 bucks, if Ortiz loses you donate 5 bucks? :cool:

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Sometimes I like Floyd's persona, other times he really gets on my nerves. Somebody should humble him someday, but I just don't think it will be Ortiz. Ortiz gets tagged too much...is he really strong enough to fight through it and quick enough to hit Floyd? I hope so, but I'll be very surprised if Ortiz can make this competitive.

10. SunsRocketsfan

haha throw in the vegas odds and you got yourself a bet :)

11. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

The weigh-in was an absolute circus... Money grabbing Ortiz by his neck during the staredown while his "team" of ****-riding clowns yapped at Ortiz's trainer and brother made for quite the scene.

12. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Where's a good place to watch the fight? I live in Spring but I'm willing to drive just to have a good atmosphere.

13. SunsRocketsfan

My place. Inviting some friends over going to have it on my 200 inch projector screen
    Not sure you are willing to drive to San Diego though

14. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I'd rather drive to Vegas if that's the case! I'll hit you up next time I'm in San Diego though just so I can see your behemoth screen haha. I was just there last month.

15. Dei

Dei Member

I'm not as excited as Manny's 144 fight with JMM. That's dumb. Marquez is a lightweight. This should be better.

16. gambingo

gambingo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mizsg8ZUsXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was pretty crazy!!! Plz shut Floyd up for good Ortiz so us fans can see you fight Pacquaio.

1 person likes this.
  17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Im in Galveston, which means NO bars will show the fight. Anywhere i can watch it online?

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Any one of those dudes from Mayweather's entourage trying to talk **** to him during the weigh ins would get knocked the f out 1 on 1. Strength in numbers gives people courage I guess.

19. what

what Member

Amir Khan calling mayweather out.

Whatever you think about Mayweather, unless he retires, his chances of staying undefeated are slim and none.

He don't want no part of Amir Khan, or Sergio Martinez, so fighting Manny is probably the lesser of the 3 evils at this point.

If he somehow finds a way to beat Victor, then an older and slower Manny would be next. If he beats Manny, he's going to retire for sure, but the next superstars all have bad intentions for Money. He knows his time is about to be up.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm a poor student so I stand by my 5 bucks bet, accept? :grin: