1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boston Celtics and Dallas Mavericks agree on Rajon Rondo trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 17, 2014.

1. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Easy schedule? How do you figure?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you're going to use schedule to be indicative of their record, what does that say about houston then and their "easy schedule"? are they really what their record says?

3. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

What is funny is that the Rockets are 11-7 in their last 18 games, too. Have they also regressed over the same time period?

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol Rockets have had injuries

Mavs have been healthy

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Over the last 18 games? The Rockets have been healthy in that timeframe(T-Jones notwithstanding) other than Dwight missing the last game. And that was against the hapless Lakers.

Now if you wanna look at a smaller sample, the Rockets are 8-3 over their last 11 games with 2 of those 3 losses coming against the Warriors. Dallas is 5-6 over their last 11 with 2 of the wins being narrow escapes on the road in OT against Sactown and Brooklyn.

So definitely over the last 2-3 weeks, the Rockets have been playing better ball than the Mavs.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Just for clarification here. I went ahead and looked myself because I'm seeing 11-7 now. The Mavs are indeed 11-8 since acquiring Rajon Rondo. They were 19-8 prior to acquiring Rajon Rondo. 30-16 overall.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

But Dwight still isnt healthy i think we can all agree with that. Also i am not disagreeing with you, the Rockets have been playing the better than the Mavs period.

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Can anyone explain how Tyson Chandler is some amazing bill of health as he has aged? He used to constantly hurt when younger and somehow has not gotten hurt at least when he is playing for the Mavs. It is really starting to bug me how this guy becomes iron man for the Mavs and the Mavs alone. If he ever missed anytime that team would absolutely go in the tank and not win a game. The Mavs are NOTHING without Tyson Chandler and Dirk wouldn't have a ring without him. Not to take away from Dirk but he is their most important player this season.

9. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

For sure, but now we are looking at a smaller sample size and looking at how they are playing at the moment, rather than taking in to consideration the total body of work for each team since the Rondo trade, which is where the discussion started. Tough to say that any team that has lost 3 straight is playing well, but it seems more like they are in a funk rather than some definitive indicator of how the trade is working out for them.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep, record-wise, they are worse after the trade. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that they need time to gel with Rondo.

I was one of the people who didn't think Rondo would help them much overall. It looks like the prediction has been correct (better defense, worse offense) at least for now.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't think i'd want to play in NY either. believe it or not players do become more durable when you're on a good team and winning.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mavs 19-8 pre-Rondo. 11-9 post-Rondo.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Pretty sure it is 11-8 post Rondo.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Rockets are league average with their schedule
    Mavs are towards the bottom of the league with their SOS (ie, easy). There are only 2 Western Conference teams who have had an easier schedule than the Mavs (Phoenix [easiest] and Portland). Since SOS is determined by opposition record, and the Western Conference is more 'winning' than the Eastern, one might (reasonably) expect West teams to be rated slightly 'harder' on the SOS rankings than East teams.

Dallas have had the 3rd easiest run in the West.
    Houston is middle of the road.

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

11-9...Rondo's first game was against the Spurs. They have played a total of 20 games since acquiring him. They were 19 and 8 at the time of the trade and are now 30-17. 19 plus 11 is 30...8 plus 9 is 17.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

0-7 with 5 turnovers. I don't care if you hold Harden to 17, you suck.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

with rondo playing 11-8. he, tyson and dirk sat out the denver game they lost

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dallas isn't going anywhere with that bench.

19. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Rondo looked uninspired last night.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rondo and Monta will be UFAs at the end of the season. Both looking for big paychecks. Both looking at Parsons' contract.