1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh needs a reason to stay in Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Steve_Francis_rules

KG got his big extension from the Celtics before playing for them, right? He had only ever advanced past the first round of the playoffs once at that point.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I don't want this guy for the max. money. He seems like a great second fiddle on a team looking for a Championship but he isn't a number one option. He's like Pau Gasol. Put him next to a talented wing player and watch him shine. Put him in a leading role (like he has been) and watch him fade down the stretch and miss the playoffs. His salary would cripple this team's chances of improving and I don't want to sit through another 4-5 years of McGrady/Yao type injuries/drama/failures.

3. towW

towW Member

He'd be smart to leave but he says he wants to be top dog?

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

So, is Bosh worth Scola and assets? If so, which assets? If they know he's leaving, would Scola and Jeffries get it done?

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

We can't package Scola with other Rockets players because he is a restricted free agent in a sign and trade.

We are realistically gonna have to give up Battier or Ariza + Jeffries + Budinger or Hill + and our draft picks from New York trade.

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I and I don't even think that is a possible scenario because other teams can offer him straight up a near max contract such as Chicago or Miami. Plus, we might have to give up a player like Brooks to appease Toronto.

Chris Bosh is only coming here if he says to Toronto he wants to play in Houston.

7. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

we will let hayes go this offseason as
    jeffries > hayes

so our package which is realistic, will include

scola+battier+1 of ny picks for bosh+filler
    and we draft a backup big man

or

since morey said we are going to keep scola

we will keep hayes

battier + jeffries + bud or hill + ny pick (or two) for bosh + chump change

and we will sign or draft a guard this year or imo we should sign fernandez. im comfortable with either scenario.

i like the second scenario
    2010-2011 roster

brooks/lowry
    martin/fernandez
    ariza/(budinger)
    bosh/scola
    yao/(hill)

championship caliber team.

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

We can't package Scola with other players because he is a restricted free agent.

9. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

sign and trade.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Morey will have to work his magic...

11. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I want Camby too, but he's not a free agent. He's a Blazer. Pryzbilla has an early termination option though. He will probably be playing behind Oden and Camby in Portland, so there is potential he leaves. As much as we need another flopper up front, he's probably the best option out there to back up Yao. Just say no to that Greek guy.

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I believe it is possible in a SnT scenario.

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Interview with Colangelo. The ultimatum appears to be either Bosh will be back, or leave via S&T:

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Don't forget Aldrige, I don't think he wants to be the 4th man

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:confused:

Does he want to be the 3?

Never in his life will he play the 5 full time...

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think his comments are good news for the Rockets if the Rockets want to trade for him. It sounds like Bosh is settled on getting his full max out of Toronto and will not just sign with another team with cap-space. This gives Toronto more leverage in asking for assets from potential destinations. That will make Bosh more expensive for us, but it also makes him more expensive for NY, Chicago, Miami, etc., and they don't really have assets to send, just cap-space.

It also sounds like he wants to go to an instant-win situation. He's asking for some pie-in-the-sky stuff: he wants to make true max, have the incoming team give up assets for him, and still be competitive when he arrives. But, Houston is more likely to pull that off than the teams everyone keeps talking about.

I looked at Larry Coon's Salary Cap FAQ for a bit to find the rules around a double-sign-and-trade (to trade Scola for Bosh). I didn't find anything that addresses it. Someone give me a link to the right FAQ question if there is something that keeps us from doing that. I do notice, however, that Scola will be a BYC player, which could complicate his inclusion.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

DM has already said that he thinks all of the major FAs will leave their teams via sign-and-trade. The surprise maybe instead of going after Bosh we go after the chosen one. After all no team can offer as much assets as us, why settle for Bosh when you can get Wade or James?

18. DUHK

DUHK Member

I couldn't agree more.

19. Raven

Raven Member

I think the writing is on the wall concerning Bosh. Nor do I think Morey will have to gut the team to acquire him.