1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boselli en route to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old School, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Old School

Old School Member

In what is probably the worst kept secret of the year, it appears Tony Boselli is gonna be the Texans first pick tomorrow. A buddy of mine called me from airport in Jacksonville before boarding a plane to Houston and said Boselli was on the flight.

Anyone gonna watch the draft tomorrow??

os

2. haven

haven Member

heh... the Texans might have one of the best O-lines in the league in their first year.

I know I'm being a hopeless optimist... but could anyone else imagine this team making the playofs?

I don't like Carr as the #1... but what if he's all some crack him up to be? He's already so developed... we could have a good QB from the beginning.

We'll take Coleman and Glenn from the Jets. Now we have good corners. We're taking Jermaine Lewis. Now we have a good returner. We're taking Jamie Sharper. He's an all-pro type LB.

I mean, some things definitely need to fall into place. But I could imagine it... stranger things have happened.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Don't get your hopes up, haven. They will still suck in year one, but this part is thus far impressive.

The Rockets play at noon and the draft starts at 2. Ugh. Sounds like a VCR day! :)

4. Timing

Timing Member

Damn I'm all psyched up!

5. Elvis Costello

The salary cap is really helping the Texans out. I was under the impression that the Texans would have to choose between Boselli and Gary Walker, but given how much the Jags are over the cap, they probably won't pull back anybody from the unprotected list. Same thing for the Ravens with Sharper and Jermaine Lewis.
    It is pretty mind-boggling that we will have Boselli. I know he has been injured a lot, but he is pretty young for a lineman and he has Anthony Munoz ability. This bodes well for David Carr. Anybody know what kind of offense Chris Palmer is going to use with the Texans?

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What's this I keep hearing on the radio about the Texans acquiring the Jets' corners Marcus Coleman and Aaron Glenn? Any truth to this?

7. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DoD-they're both exposed on the expansion list, and the latest reports say that the Jets and the Texans cut a deal-If the Texans take Glenn/Coleman off their cap, the Jets would also expose Young. The Jets are well over the cap, and having Glenn/Coleman taken was an easy way to get closer to it, Young was the extra bait.

Several media outlets say the Texans likely to come out with 3 Jaguars (Boselli, Payne, Walker), and 3 Jets (Glenn, Coleman, Young), and 2 Ravens (Lewis and Sharper).