1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bonzi Sighting...Bowling?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by superden, Jan 5, 2007.

1. superden

superden Contributing Member

A friend of mine went bowling tonight and said he saw Bonzi there. You would think if he did have a sore back he shouldn't be bowling... My friend is also in PT school and he even mentioned that he would be concerned if he were his physical therapist. Oh, and here is the pic to prove it. He asked me to black out the girl's faces.

[​IMG]

2. huynhct

huynhct Member

this wont end well

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

His body seems slimmer than what I expected

4. cons

cons Member

Bonzi Wells vs Van Gundy part 2??

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

just stop it. They don't have a game tonight, and i'm sure it wasn't a night practice. Who knows if he bowled or not, but players have lives off the court. I'm sure he was listening to his doctors/team trainers orders, and to speculate he wasn't with no proof of anything is silly.

This gossip crap has got to stop.

6. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

maybe his trip to Waco was effective.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

More humorous than alarming, in my opinion.

8. superden

superden Contributing Member

My friend said he bowled at least one game. Spent more time talking to some girls he was with.

9. khanhdom

khanhdom Member

its just a bowling game...nothing too concerning to me, like hosting a club party on game night

10. DVauthrin

Even so, none of us besides bonzi and the trainers knows what physical activities are acceptable for him right now and what aren't.

11. Prosun

Prosun Member

Yes, perhaps he has already returned from Waco, and the treatment worked.

12. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Wow. This guy is terrible. I can't believe anyone would try to defend this behavior.

It's almost as if you have an employee that is on worker's comp for problems with their hands and you find them entering a typing contest. Nothing is worse on your back than bowling - he better be playing in our next game.

13. SuperKev

You've got to be kidding me! Photos are involved here!

14. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

thats a photoshop, we all know bonzi is in to bigger/better things ;)

15. DVauthrin

What would photos prove? That everyone here can then jump to irrational conclusions? Which is what will happen now. We already have one poster saying bonzi/jvg round 2, off of this kind of information.

Sorry, but again, it's gossip and pure speculation to say the guy was doing something wrong/irresponsible. You can indulge in it if you like, but this is the kind of stuff that crappy websites/publications do.

Nobody here knows what keith jones and any other doctor's orders to bonzi right now are except them. And now everyone will waltz to this thread and presume wells is doing something wrong, all based on second hand information.

I think it's great somebody posts I saw a rocket here, or met one personally but there is a line that has to not be crossed.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i have a hard time equating bowling to degenerate behavior. :confused:

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I appreciate DV's zeal...don't agree with it 100% but still it's nice to read. Umm, this is just more humorous than anything else. It's quite possible that Bonzi could be doing nothing wrong, but it's not that unfair for people to jump to conclusions against Bonzi, because seriously, Bonzi has a really bad track record. Many players deserve the benefit of the doubt...like that T-Mac rumor last year was absolutely horrible...I never believed it and upset that so many of y'all fanned the flames. Bonzi is probably not one of those benefit of the doubt guys though. Not saying he's clearly being wrong here...just saying there's nothing wrong with a little speculation. It's going to be fun to see if Bonzi plays the next game and if he doesn't, what the reasoning would be. This thread is going to blow up though. No matter how many people try to prevent it, there's just no way of stopping this thread come the morning.

18. SuperKev

Then I'm sure Keith Jones must have ordered him to go bowling to test his pain threshold...

19. ShakeYoHipsYao

Agreed...

And now, we wait...

20. kingkow

kingkow Member

just sad to see him showing off imfront of 2 blobs