1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bonzi back soon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W-Mac, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Bonzi better be back soon! We need him and it's sad that it took an injury for JVG to play him. :(

2. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I thought he meant that Wells had a fat ass...

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't understand.

:confused:

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

we don't need a third option scorer at this time since Hayes is out. We need an energy bunny like Vspan.

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

IMO, Bonzi is exactly what we need.

We have floundered late in games because of the lack of scoring when the starters are resting. When TMac and/or Yao have been resting, there has been very little punch to our offense, particularly in the post with Yao sitting. Bonzi has a great mid-range and post game and will do a LOT to help us maintain the inside-out game that we play.

Personally, I think that once Wells develops some chemistry with our other players, he will be able to push our scoring over the hump (insert large woman joke here) and we will win games like the SA game.

As Rafiki says, "It is time."

6. KGHossman

KGHossman Member

I think the snyder injury will do more for vspan than bonzi. JVG will definitely give KB of the pt than bonzi. I personally would like to see wut KB can do, and if he can be a contributor as the season progresses.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Wells "can" (I am not saying that he will) make the Rockets very difficult to beat. Too bad about Synder, his loss hurts the team. But Wells could have a much greater impact. Though he has a "little dribbler" personality, he has All-Star skills. I say with a healthy, in shape, "head-together" Wells the fourth quarter collapses would not have happened. Once he sticks his giant behind in the action things get "physical," just what the Rockets need. He has Barkleyesque moves, drives, and finishes.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Bonzi being in shape is not even the real issue. The issue is that the guy must not be doing things just according to whether he feels like it or not. And it's not an issue of principle; it's a practical thing. So JVG is not on a high horse. He is just trying to build a team of guys that is going to be reliable all season. You don't want to a significant talent like Bonzi sometimes showing up and then other times being AWOL or hung over or in a funk or whatever. He needs to get with the program for every practice and every game and that's it. It's not principle. It's the practical reality of having a solid team.

So get with it Bonzi and earn yourself a big contract for next season! You'll lose millions riding the bench.

9. wgray

wgray Member

so you don't think that having a guy that can score when yao or tmc go out is a good thing???

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

it'd be nice to see bonzi come in w/ deke when yao rests so that we can still have a 1-2 inside-outside punch with tmax and a post up scorer.

11. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qEahpPeOlAU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qEahpPeOlAU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#31 Van Gundier, Nov 21, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  12. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

wow that movie was gay...

13. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I agree 100%! It 's a pitty that Snyder is injured now, I love his passion! I hope Bonzi will put some nice numbers on the board! We need him now, so JVG don 't screw it up with this guy!

14. kjames44

kjames44 Member

We desperately need more size and skill on this roster. Denver has so many 4's riding their bench that it's crazy when they lost Kmart, they just turn to someone else that is just as good without much dropoff in production. The Rocks spent the entire offseason picking up 2's & 3's and not big people which is crazy! :confused:

15. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Someone referenced Sir Mix-A-Lot in the first thread, i think.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Will bonzi be activated tonight?.. obviously someone will have to be.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

A Lion King reference?