1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BOKI gets career night, 1 game after National TNT game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Jan 28, 2007.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A fifth option on the court is a lot better than a 2nd option on the bench, so yes.

Anyway why don't you elaborate the rules of "option assignment", and then do it to the Nets, and then tell me why it matters anyplace than in your own mind.

2. SamFisher

Because he likes to believe in stereotypes, he thinks all white european players are supersmart, heady, hustling basketball geniuses. He thought Malick Badiane was goign to be the next Hakeem Olajuwon because he was from Africa.

Until he decides that they're not, then he turns the tables really quickly, and then he decides that they are again, and he switches right back.

[​IMG]

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So Bob Cousy coming off the bench for the Celtics as the 6th man was the SIXTH option?

I guess Bonzi coming in from the bench as the THIRD option does not make sense to you?

Or Vinnie Johnson or any 6th man candidate.

Argh why do I bother.

Who won the bet again? !!

DD

4. DaDakota

Uh...no that is not even close but nice try....instead of arguing a point you again leap to conclusions which is simply mind boggling.

Now you imply that it is racially motivated......WOW !!! I could care less about the color of a guys skin all I care about is whether they can play basketball.

And yes, I do like a certain STYLE of basketball, picks, rolls, back cuts, passes......those are the kinds of players I gravitate too.....and it has NOTHING to do with skin tone.

I just like good fundamental basketball......PERIOD !!

And genius......I was hopeful of Badiane, never did I say he is the next Olajuwon, you are horrible at putting words in peoples mouths...try using an argument next time....and hey maybe you might win one....

Nah.....hell isn't that cold yet.

DD

5. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

dadakota as usual is wrong about most players.

boki sucks lololololololololol

6. SamFisher

I'm saying this is all stupid semantics.

When fully healthy, the nets have 4 options, as in people that they design plays for to be the primary scorer, Carter, Kidd, Jefferson, and Krstic.

Everybody else, Antoine Wright, Hassan Adams, Bostjan Nachbar, Jason Collins, etc - is secondary on most of the plays they run.

This is the way it works for most NBA teams, IMO. "3rd option" is a fan-invented term.

7. DaDakota

Then WTF are you arguing for......you are arguing Semantics about a term that you don't even acknowledge?

How can either of us ever reach agreement if we do not agree on terminology...if my definition of a scoring option is fundamentally different than yours we are wasting our time.

So, you are arguing just to argue....got it......

DD

8. DaDakota

Awesome post, now quickly log off before your 6th grade math teacher catches you posting on the internet.

DD

9. SamFisher

exactly, and you think that guys who have foreign names or are white will be better at this.

Of course it's not always true. What makes Spanoulis a great "fundamental" basketball player? The guy runs to the basket and tries to score every time, jumps up in the air with nothing to do, has historicallly had high TO problems, gambles for steals recklessly on defense, and tries behind the back passes. Fundamental?

I don't need to reach agreement to know that your predcition of him as a "second option' is wrong when the Nets have 4 primary players on offense, and he's not one of them.

10. DaDakota

I like V-Span for his tenacity, his deft passing off the pick and roll and his defense.

I don't like his jump shot, nor his turnovers (although less than 1 a game now).

I do think he will get better at his negatives with playing time.

I would rather have TJ Ford.......

I think good fundamental players are a blast to watch.

Duncan
    Nash
    Boozer
    Deron Williams
    Tmac
    Yao
    Hayes
    Battier

Lots of em.......and not all European.....or white. It was classless of you to infer that race was a factor and smacks of desperation and a closet bigotry on your part.

You should be bigger than that, but your DD-haterism is clouding your judgment.

DD

#70 DaDakota, Feb 16, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  11. SamFisher

Just becuase you think other guys have "good fundamentals" doesn't mean you don't also have a tendency to assign this characteristic (which is completely nebulous anyway, part of the problem) to whities, especially international whities, via stereotyping.

Do you honestly observe players for fundamentals anyway? You will say that you do but I don't think you really do that.

You re-watch games and evaluate their footwork, off the ball defending, screen setting, or other things commonly thrown into the "fundamentals" category? I sure don't.

12. DaDakota

Yes, I do, I watch to see what they are doing off the ball, how quickly they recognize what is happening on the court and then how they react to it.

You still owe me an apology for throwing the race card into this discussion...

DD

13. SamFisher

That's odd because you're able to do all this and still watch the game as a fan and evaluate other players and post in the game thread AND post in the chat room. Amazing. Even Steve Belichik, Bill Belichik, and Ernie Adams were never that good.

Anyway could you rank the rockets roster, from 1-15, on the basis of who has the best footwork, and give specific examples of it? Without just generalizing and making sh-t up, like ranking Battier the best because he's from Duke.

hmmm, no. I don't. Would you have compared Olajuwon and Badiane if Badiane was white and from Duke? No.

Would you be a Spanoulis fan if he was black and from Athens, Georgia and not Greece? I doubt it.

See how stereotyping works?

14. DaDakota

LOL - if that is how your world works......you brought race into a discussion about fundamental basketball players....not I.....you implied that I only liked players because they are white.....you, not I....

I do watch the games...most of the time 2 and 3 times to see how players react and play with each other, see how rotations work, what players off the ball are doing.

And if you watch my threads about change are usually the next day....YES, I vent after loses, particularly bad ones....WHO THE FRICK CARES?

You post more than anyone on here and most of yours are just inane posts trying to piss people off....very little of your posts have any content...usually they are just in a thread arguing for the sake of arguing.

We are just oil and water Sam....the difference is that I am not coming into your threads and posting pictures trying to degrade another poster....where as that is your MO.

You are consistently owned by me in basketball threads.....clearly you are a casual fan who just gets off on arguing...good on ya mate....learn the ins and outs of the game....try to ACTUALLY play the game every now and again to understand.

You have no concept of what I am talking about when I am dealing with player development, things that I see in a player that can make them good, you are too rooted in the here and now of statistics, whereas I take a longer view. Developing talent by giving young guys some minutes, especially during the regular season makes you deeper come playoff time.

Oil and water.....Sam....and a waste of my time.

DD

PS. How is that Boki never shooting over 40% going for ya?

#74 DaDakota, Feb 16, 2007
  15. SamFisher

Bwahahahah,either you underestimate the capability of our collective bullsh-t detectors or you are really stupid because you tend to make very rudimentary mistakes in your analysis that people pick up on all the time. One of the two is happening.

Nobody, that's why people tell you to shut the hell up.

If there was a poster boy for content free posts, it's you, "Mr. TRADE/FIRE/SIGN/PLAY X !!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after every single missed shot. Shockingly I'm not alone in this assessment.

No, the difference is that you actually feel personally insulted when people take one of your venting threads for what it is - mostly crap.

Yeah, repeated fake declarations of victory get you nowhere, Mr. "I never said Boki was a second option" or Mr. "V-Span is more ready for the NBA than Sam Cassell!"

That's why you're Steve Belichik and the rest of us are on a different plane.

No, it's more like you make superficial kneejerk crap evaluations and run to the internet to post them every time one pops into your head.

Anyway, it's a waste of time to which you constantly respond anyway, seems like you have the time to waste, huh?

About as well as you're "Boki is a second option" is going for you...the difference is mine has a possiblity of changing back.

Hey, I just noticed in all this that you didn't answer my question.

Would you have compared Olajuwon to Badiane if he was white and came from Duke? Yes or No?

I know that the answer is no, I just want to see you type it.

#75 SamFisher, Feb 16, 2007
  16. DaDakota

Well I am retired at the age of 42, I have lots of time. What is your excuse?

My trade Bonzi thread is not about venting. It is about getting rid of a player and upgrading a weakness.

Yes, I vent...no doubt, which can cause people to take other cognizent arguements and make the assumption that it is a vent thread.....like you did.

Instead of actually coming into a conversation you have to come in and just insult the thread.

You very rarely do anything other than criticize posters.......you don't talk basketball, you just complain about posters....most of the time you don't even have an opinion, you just basically roll your eyes at others.

And that makes you weak.....and don't think I am the only one that feals this way, everyone is on the Sam is a wuss bandwagon....it is overcrowded with Rockets fans !

;)

No go post about some trip to Thialand or the Pacific rim at least there you provide some decent content....

As for basketball......you have no clue.

DD

#76 DaDakota, Feb 16, 2007
  17. SamFisher

"Let's play a zone to defeat Phoenix' shooters!"

"Let's match Utah's contract offer to Carlos Boozer"

"Dan Langhi is the future of the NBA!"

"Eddie Griffin is going to become a star in this league and we lost him for nothing!"

Right.

18. DaDakota

There you go again making up crap.........

A zone against Phoenix is a good change of pace....but you only consider one type of zone, right? Ever here of a matchup zone? A box and one, a 2-1-2, a 3-2...nah didn't think so.....

You don't think Carlos Boozer would help? WTF? He would be perfect for this team.

Dan Langhi was a come off screen player who needed the ball to succeed and never got comfortable in the NBA....his lack of confidence ruined any chance he had of being succesful....I was wrong on Langhi.

As for EG.....My Point was that we made a mistake in RELEASING him when we still had to pay his contract....it did not make business sense....try to at least get a pick for him....something..... I don't know where you got the rest of the Griffin crap.

You are the KING of exagerating people's views.......everyone here knows it.....you consistently lose arguments and then switch the topic to something else all the while EXAGERATING the next point trying to make you look smart.

Well tough guy...ain't gonna work......you are a fool.......no go away or I shall taunt you a 2nd time. !

DD

19. SamFisher

A zone is a tremendous mistake against Phoenix, especially for the Rockets.

No I'm referring to this brilliant thread you created, which was so dumb that it was locked within minutes, and then unlocked to show how much you "know basketball".

I agree with the final part of this statement.

LOL, I got it from right here, which I have quoted for you before:

Anyway since you "know basketball", why don't you explain what the trade market was three years ago for disappointing, emotionally disturbed PF's with checkered histories, behavior problems, and drug and alcohol abuse issues who just took tried to shoot their girlfriends, skip practice, can't shoot (basketballs, at least), can't play defense, and can block shots and do nothing else.

What do you think it is....I'm thinking maybe 2 lottery picks? Maybe two lotto picks and Kevin Garnett? Maybe I'm aiming too high, maybe just a first and a second round pick....or maybe, just maybe, ...it was nothing, and the Rockets front office knew this...but like I said, since you're in a better position to know what it was, then and now, tell us DaDakota.

Yeah, keep throwing me in the briar patch, DaDakota. It's tough in here, babe.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm going to go pop some popcorn...keep up the good fight, guys! :p