1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bogut and claiming him off waivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Feb 24, 2017.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

ya never know...Bogut might see a clear path being on this version of the Rockets having a chance at his old Warriors team and Green specifically in the playoffs....that could be enough incentive right there since they don't like one another. Before the season started if I were Bogut I wouldn't wanna play for the Rockets but now could be a totally different scenario for him...who knows but the picture now is entirely different based on where the Rockets sit now versus before the season began

da_juice likes this.
  2. ch44

ch44 Member

The cap hit is the full salary. It's the same with trades. Lou Williams is now on the Rockets for $7 this year. It's not prorated because he spent time on the Lakers and they won't actually pay him a full $7 million. It's the salary on your books at end on the day that matters.

The Nuggets and Sixers took turns earlier claiming No Williams off Waivers just to add his salary to their books so they could meet the salary floor.

If Bogut is waived and not claimed, his 11 million stays on the Sixers books. If he is claimed, it moves to the new team.

3. Remlap

Remlap Member

Bought out. . . . .waived. . . . . .blah, blah, blah
    Is he coming or not?

[​IMG]

No Chill Rocket, tmacman and dje243 like this.
  4. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Jalen Rose makes some great points here

5. tmacman

tmacman Member

But you have to be waived in order to be bought out so yeah, it's the same thing.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think the Cavs can only offer bogut a prorated 2m which is like 700k for the rest of the year.

The Rockets can offer 3.5m

That's a lot of money to turn down for bogut.

Not to mention that even tho the Cavs have an easier path to the finals it's not as if the rockets arnt one of the favorites in the NBA and looked at as the biggest threat to golden state out west by a lot of NBA people.

I'm pretty sure Steve Kerr even thinks we're the toughest matchup for them.

I would bet money that Golden state wants us in that 3rd seed so they don't have to see us till the wcf and have a tougher matchup against the Spurs in the second round.

RasaqBoi and jayfree like this.
  7. theh

theh Member

Why don't Bogut and Green like each other?

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

I have the feeling it's a mix of Green taking his spot as the big man, and just personalities. Two assholes rarely get on with each other

D-rock and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Bogut/Lee 2 alpha goons got out gooned by top alpha goon Green last man standing in the alley out of the 3

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

12. jayfree

jayfree Member

If it's money then the Rockets are his team. However, if it's another ring then the Cavs would bring him back to the finals. He may relish that role of playing against his old team in that context. Why play against your old team (GS) AND the team that knocked you out of the finals (Cavs) when you can just join the Cavs and almost cake walk to the finals?

The good news is he did win a ring already so perhaps the money will be a strong factor as well as if he sees the Rockets having a better chance of knocking off GS than the Cavs.

13. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Absolutely. It's like I keep telling my friends. I totally had sex with Kate Upton last night. I mean, I had an erection, and you have to have an erection to have sex with Kate Update. So yeah, it's the same thing.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn is that Brendan Frasier? Wth happened to him?

15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I think it ultimately comes down to whether or not Bogut believes he could be the piece that would allow us to beat Golden State. If he does then he takes the money and joins Houston, if he doesn't then FK him let him go stink it up on the Cavs.

jayfree likes this.
  16. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

I'm just guessing, but Deron Williams to Cavs and Bogut to Rockets could be what happens. Cavs have 1 roster spot, Rockets have 2. If DWill goes to Cleveland, they'll have to create another roster spot in order to get Bogut. Are they willing to get rid of McRae? Who knows.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cavs can drop/waive 2 or 3 guys at end of roster just like we could/did. Doubt McRae, Felder or Jones would prevent signing of Deron or Bogut.

18. jayfree

jayfree Member

Is it wrong that I want Bogut just to be our 3rd unit? :)

Remlap likes this.
  19. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

owed?

20. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Bogut would be a goon for us, no doubt. But he would be useful in a 7 game series to matchup to some the teams we're likely to face in the first round. If nothing else he would give us more depth and more rest for Nene. If our threes aren't dropping we need a secondary plan which we currently do not have. You don't have to like Bogut the person, I certainly don't. I never liked Dennis Rodman, either. But you need to respect what these types of players could bring to the table at the same time. The Bulls were able to acclimate Rodman into their rotation and they went from winning 55 games to winning 72 games. Yes, Jordan returning was a factor too but before Rodman they never approached those results.

Wins will not always be pretty. Over the course of a 7 game series you often need grinders. Bogut is a grinder and a dude that fills a need for us. I know many people here hate him but they will get over it if we end up beating Golden State and San Antonio. If they don't, then they weren't true Rockets fans to begin with.

#40 Tha_Dude, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    No Chill Rocket and RocketsFan0 like this.