1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bobfinn Clutchfans Fantasy Basketball 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Oct 22, 2013.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Well that took For-F****in-Ever.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I haven't been so ill-prepared and tired for a draft in my life. Nobody told/reminded me the Pistons had Jennings, Bucks had Knight, Kings have General Greivis, etc... I have no clue who the Celtics have on their team.

I was so tired last night I couldn't hang onto more than 2 tidbits of info at a time. I forgot to draft Westbrook's backup after reminding myself constantly. Just not enough brain power.

Did y'all know there's a guy named Michael Carter-Gilcrest or something, but now there's a duplicate/spin-off guy named Michael Kidd-Carter! I have no idea which is which, why they have so many names, which team they're on, or anything. I just know one of them played in college 2yrs ago and I figured he'd suck in the NBA.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sorry about those final 2 picks guys, fell dead asleep off Nyquil.

Change Position Eligibility (ESPN) -

Drummond PF/C
    Cousins PF/C
    Granger SG/SF

#63 moestavern19, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I believe my entire team needs to have their position eligibility reconfigured. When you get a chance Rook could you get them straightened out?

No need to rush as I've complied with the eligibility requirements for my starting lineup.

Thank you.

5. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no clue how to change positions.....FADE????

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz. This is making out to be a lockout-type season in this league.

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

There's an "EDIT PLAYER POSITIONS" link in the admin panel.

You have to click on each team and change the C, F and G classifications to C, PF, SF, SG, and/or PG. For multi-player positions, you can enter it as SG/SF for example.

I just updated 4 of the 10 league teams (wink, ziggy, Sam and mine). I'll do the rest later tonight if you don't end up doing it.

Note: Illegal lineups that were set using the old classifications may need to be amended and re-entered.

Note2: Where's the frigging league write-up, moes?? Get your priorities in order.

8. fadeaway

All player positions have now been updated.

1 person likes this.
  9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thank you fadeaway.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, good man Fade. Hope you beat everyone but me.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not that I'm complaining but why can't Granger stay healthy now?

Paul George is gonna kick you b****es asses this year! F**K YEAH!

12. wink3

wink3 Member

Kemba walker is not SG eligible anymore?

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz!

14. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Where can I look at ESPN Eligibility? I can't find it.

15. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Thank you, fade.

16. fadeaway

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Draft Recap

wink3 - Not impressed with the depth of this team. A couple solid pieces, but not filled with a lot of 35ppg contributors. Guys like Derozan are worth a lot less in this scoring format. Galllo's injury status makes the important SG-SF depth non-existant.

GRADE C

Ziggy - A solid core of Lebron, Vucevic and Westbrook should place the jager buttchugger into contention. Favors, Jefferson and Igoudala are a good 2nd tier core. The only problem of course is Westbrook isn't going to play for a while.

GRADE B+

Sammy - A pairing of guards in Curry/Irving will be the focal point for the Sammy attack. I see 5-6 potential contributors behind those 2, but I'm not sold on this squad as a legit title contender.

GRADE B

Rook - Lawson is solid but not spectacular. The pairing of James Harden and Marc Gasol should present a nightly headache for opponents. Ibaka, Gay, and Klay Thompson make for a decent 2nd tier. Some sneaky good value picks late (Beverley, Zeller, Lamb). One of those guys will need to produce consistently for this team to really get going.

GRADE B+

Flash - Defending Champion Flash puts together a squad built around Paul George. My question with George is can he put up top SG numbers with so many other offensive weapons around him? No doubt he will be good, but will he be THAT good? We'll see. Other than this, a very unusual draft from Flash. A solid of safe, solid picks. Duncan, Deng, Bosh represent a more polished draft strategy.

GRADE B

Fade - A veteran drafter using the new 10 team format to put stat sheet stuffers at every position. This is a very impressive squad. CP3, Ellis, Josh Smith, Blake, Hibbert make an outstanding starting 5. There should be at least 3 good bench contributors among Bennett, Williams, Gordon, Millsap, etc. This is the team to beat.

GRADE A

Pete Chilcutt - Durant and Lillard present a solid duo, but I see too many question marks at other positions. Parker should be fine, but the Unibrow needs to grow quickly to vault himself into the realm of the elite. Too many players need to see an increase in production here for this team to really thrive. Ultimately this team is too potential based for my liking.

GRADE B-

PSJ - Rose and Wall at PG is nice. If Rondo returns to form at some point, thats only a bonus. Dirk, Pekovic and Beal should contribute nicely, but Beal may be slightly less valuable in this format. Bogut is a yearly cocktease.

GRADE B

Jent - Jent will always load up on rebounders, and its a very effective strategy in this game. Gasol, Lee, Love, Faried, and Valanciunas could all be great there. if Kobe returns sooner than later and starts putting up usual Kobe numbers, I see this team right up with fade as a contender.

GRADE A-

1 person likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Damn, Fade's team is good. Ellis can kill in this format.

19. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great job Moes........though I'm still convinced of two things:

1. Your still holding a grudge for me stealing your girl from you in high school...so my B+ is really a high A, so I am good with that.

2. Fade is continuing to threaten Moes with those college pictures of them two, during their "experimental years", of going public with them.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Gotta be objective. Fade must have Gladwell hours on fantasy drafts at this point.