1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn Classic Fantasy Hoops 2011-12 Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Dec 25, 2011.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Your player positions are now updated, Flash.

Also, I went ahead and deleted the week 15 match-ups so we don't end up having a championship period taking place during a shortened NBA week.

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Thanks fade. Must've miscounted the weeks when I setup the schedule.

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Fun fact... West conference is now 26-10 against the East. Not a single East team has a winning record against the West. Not a single West team has a losing record against the East. I don't think I've ever seen a conference in any of our fantasy leagues that so totally dominated the other.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Interesting. Can I request a move of conference next off-season?

I feel like it was a bit similar last year except I was very behind at the beginning of the year which made the West weaker to start.

5. fadeaway

Total points scored is a much better measure of quality than record.

The score differential between West teams vs. East teams 69419 vs. 65131, for an overall difference of 4288 points.

So, on average, West teams score about 6.5% more points than East teams.

Still a substantial difference, but the overall gap doesn't seem quite as glaring when expressed in those terms.

But yeah, East is getting its butt kicked this year. :grin::eek::)

6. SamCassell

I think 6.5% is very significant. For comparison, OKC scores 6.2 points more than their opponents, and they are 32 - 9. Sacramento scores 6.7 points less than their opponents, and they are 14 - 27. And these teams score about 100 points per game, giving you a similar percentage difference to the scoring difference. Outscore your opponent by 6.5%, in the NBA or fantasy basketball, and you'll win a lot of games.

7. RocketsPimp

I should have mentioned this before. Tomorrow at midnight is our trade deadline. Make your deals if you can!

8. RocketsPimp

Sorry guys. I meant tomorrow night. SXSW has had my days messed up since....what day is it again?

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Just FYI I've been trying to pick up Wilson Chandler for Delfino today.

10. RocketsPimp

I'm on it. Gotta wait for the admin to add Chandler to the player list.

11. fadeaway

This week's win combined with moe's loss to the Aliens just may have clinched the East for me.

Good show, Sam.. good show!

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thanks man.

Dude! How many freakin games did your main guys play this week? It seemed as if everytime I had 3 or 4 going you had 5 or 6. This was everyday.

13. RocketsPimp

33 vs 31, so I had a 2 game advantage for the week.

BTW, I'm still waiting on the admin to add Chandler. Believe it or not, he had no idea who Chandler was.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It had to be Matthews' underwhelming performances then that had me behind by so much, he didn't even break the hundred mark. Plus your 2 game advantage probably came from your best players, cause you smoked me.

LOL, I woulda thought everyone here would have been clamoring for the guy, like before. I may have to insert him into this weeks lineup so just let me know, I'll add my lineup on here if he doesn't get back to you before 5.

15. RocketsPimp

I thought your team played pretty darn well. In fact, looking at it closer that was your highest output all season. You just faced the offensive juggernaut! ;) Seriously though, my scoring was pretty evenly dispersed last week with only Durantula putting up over 50fpg.

As for Chandler, I just don't see him getting the minutes to really make a difference.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Haha, juggernaut. So how many teams from each conference make the playoffs again?

Truthfully I don't either, put all my main guys play 3 games this week, max 4. I'm gonna have a tough week against moes.....

Speaking of, where has that guy been? Scarce, which is pretty unusual.

17. RocketsPimp

6 teams (see the first post in the thread).

Daddy duty must be cutting into Moe's BBS time. He's been on FB here and there though, so he's around.

18. SamCassell

He left the bbs.

Fade, I've got to hand it to you (even though the east still sucks)! Glad I could help! Meanwhile, the Aliens have mathematically clinched the West and the #1 seed in the playoffs. Hopefully we'll meet one more time and I'll have a chance to avenge my loss in last year's baseball playoffs.

19. RocketsPimp

Flash, Wilson has been added to your roster and Delfino has been dropped.

1 person likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thanks, it's much appreciated... Will come in handy now that Gallo is out once again.