1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn Classic Fantasy Hoops 10-11 Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Oct 25, 2010.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just usually offer him an even more lopsided trade request in response.

But I'm kind of a douche.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm just about 99.9% positive we DIDN'T need that clarification moes.

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

This is supposed to be a trash talk thread... was just trying to keep the trash talk going. Sorry if I offended you or pimp in doing so. I'm not taking it seriously so much as just talking trash about the trade offer. I can't do that?

FWIW, it's not like it's just one trade, or just me for that matter. RP's been making those ridiculous offers to me and everyone else for years. I usually just push "reject" but I felt like talking trash this time, so I did...

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I guess it was just taken the wrong way. :confused:

I'm cool, I don't get offended easily, just didn't get the hostility in your post. His offers do suck and he asks for a lot especially if you're after one of his guys.

I've never heard/read anyone talk trash the way you do, guess it's a new thang. ;)

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Was it an even trade? Maybe not on the surface. Lee is averaging just over ~43fpg. Emeka is ~35fpg and Dunleavy is ~33fpg (better than your starting SG), so I don't think the offer was as bad as you make it out. Just because I submit an offer doesn't mean there can't be discussions toward a more balanced trade. Heck it took Flash and I 2 weeks to work out a deal.

I guess I was just caught off guard by being singled out your post since I have only proposed one trade to you this year. It's all good though Sammy. Keep it coming.

Do you still think our deal was lopsided? I knew the potential of both Love and Chandler. At the time I just couldn't pass up Curry with the question marks surrounding Chandler's minutes. I'd still do that deal every day, but you are far from getting burned too.

6. SamCassell

I have way, way more important stuff going on in life than this. I never take anything on this board or, god forbid, fantasy sports that seriously. I hope nobody else does, either.

But if you make crappy trade offers, I will call you out on it (and maybe, like moes, offer something r****ded-er back). If that read like some sort of actual anger, then it was a mistake. I was just calling out the lame trades as I saw em.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Honestly? No. I feel a lot better after our trade, I admit I should have asked for maybe a Captain Jax over Afflalo or someone of that form but I really feel good about our trade. Chandler has been playing well and is getting his minutes even off the bench and Love, well what else is there to say about Love.

I definitely got burned on my second trade, that one I would reverse in a Houston minute. :(

8. SamCassell

We're 3 games into the fantasy season. Not exactly time to abandon the #13 overall pick for an 8th round pick and a guy who was undrafted and is averaging less than several free-agent pickups I could make. So, Dunleavy is a meaningless piece, and Okafor isn't anywhere close to value for Lee.

I just don't understand why you'd start your negotiation process with such bad deals for the other guy. If you want to start talking about a deal in a way that leads to meaningful discussion, you should try offering something that you, in the other guy's shoes, would consider. I don't think there's any way that you'd make that deal if you were me. Would you do Stoudemire (42ppg) for Dorrell Wright (36ppg) and Daniel Gibson (31ppg)? Basically the same deal. I'm game if you are.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Understood.

Now back to the trash talk....

I murdered you Sammy, but this will more than likely be my first and last win of the season. Hey at least I managed a tie in my first game. :/

Anyone looking for a SF, SG is more than welcome to make an offer for Richard Jefferson, Afflalo, JR Smith, and even B Roy.

I'm looking for a center since I'm running super low in depth at that position right now.

10. SamCassell

You kicked my butt. Love's 30-30 game kicked my butt, honestly. I'm hoping that I can turn it around.

I'm interested in one of your SGs and I have C depth (sorta). Nothing pops out in terms of deals, though. My Cs are too good for any deal that doesn't net me Rose or Love in return.

11. RocketsPimp

Quickly...name one FA pickup that is averaging more than Dunleavy. There isn't one.

Wright and Gibson for Stoudamire is only the same deal if you look strictly at fpg. The dynamics of playing time and position eligibility/need are completely different. Where a player was drafted is irrelevant.

Given the fact that I've made more trades than most managers over the years and my teams are usually competitive, I think my negotiating style works just fine. Like I said, it's cool though. I just found it odd I was singled out although I only made one proposal to you. You must have received plenty of other "bad offers" as well, I know I have. That's part of the game.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Draw something up and send it over. We can start negotiations with that, everyone is available on my team EXCEPT for Love.

13. SamCassell

The "dynamics of playing time and position eligibility/need" say that Dunleavy is playing over his head, is on the wrong side of 30, and is injury prone. You're trying to sell high before his inevitable decline, I get it. He's averaging 32.5ppg and Reggie Evans is doing 30.7... but neither is a very interesting prospect.

14. RocketsPimp

But....but this could be the year!! :grin:

LOL....yeah, I can't argue with that. Although he just turned 30 in September he does have a history of playing well, then crashing and burning. I'm holding out hope that he can step up one last time as the #2-3 option and channel his 07-08 output in which he started and played all 82 games. Wishful thinking no doubt.

15. RocketsPimp

Back to trash talking.......that turnaround ain't happening this week!

16. RocketsPimp

One more point, you've had more rejected offers than the entire league combined. Don't make me bring up your last rejected offer to exhibit the suckiness.....Sucka Free. ;)

17. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Last minute request... Site will not let me make the change.

Please replace Al Thornton (SF) with Jeff Green (SF). Week 5 lineup should be as follows:

C-Gasol,Marc, MEM
    PF-Hickson,J.J., CLE
    SF-Green,Jeff, OKL
    SG-Evans,Tyreke, SAC
    PG-Jennings,Brandon, MIL
    UT-Brand,Elton, PHI
    UT-Thomas,Tyrus, CHA
    UT-Griffin,Blake, LAC

Thanks!

18. RocketsPimp

Go for it. You still have access :)

Consider it done.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Someone give me an SF already Jesus. I see Jeff Green up there above this post? Give me that. SF is a thin position in this setup...

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

He's pretty much all I have at the position, unfortunately, aside from Al Thornton. :(