1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn Classic Fantasy Hoops 10-11 Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Oct 25, 2010.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Haha, I'm giving up the most. How can you raise the asking price?

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Perhaps on paper and draft position. One could make a strong argument that 3 of the players I'd be giving up will put up equal or greater numbers given playing time.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Anyone can have good numbers given playing time. Really you could argue Rose will get better assist numbers when Boozer gets back even though Noah will lose a few boards here and there. Steph will be back at full strength by Wednesday and putting up major numbers all around.

And btw, how the hell did we end up tied?? Last time I looked Sunday we had no one playing and I was up by 2. Cheater cheater pumpkin eater.

4. RocketsPimp

Possibly....which is why I have yet to decide if I am in. Boozer will affect the scoring and rebounding of both Rose and Noah. I'm not yet sold that an increase in assists will offset that enough to make the deal worth it.

Scoring isn't realtime. It's close, but not dead on. When I got back in town and checked the LA-GS game LA was running away with it, Odom was on the bench in the 4th and we were tied. We should deduct a point for each transaction you made last week, thus giving me the win. :grin:

#24 RocketsPimp, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dude, I felt like murdering myself after some of the Add/Waives I made, especially that Wilson Chandler one. I didn't think he was gonna get any time up there, plus he and Azubuike play the same position.

I think if we ever get a deal done it will happen at the end of the month. You know I more than anyone goes back and forth on players constantly, deals are probably worse than anything.

6. RocketsPimp

I eye'd Chandler all the way to the end of the draft when you took him in round 11. I had to settle on Afflalo and was ecstatic when you dropped him. Without Lee and Harrington around I think he has a chance to step his game up regardless of whether he gets bench or starter minutes.

I'm usually pretty active on the waivers too. This year I've been holding my ground a bit more since I like the guys I drafted....for the most part.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow. You gave up Curry and Noah for that?

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Yeah, really.

9. RocketsPimp

I'm feeling alot better about it since Chandler is coming back to earth after his hot start. Hopefully Noah can still play at a high level when Boozer returns.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What was the trade exactly? I looked last night on the site and the way they go about showing it gave me a headache. Felt like I had to create a matrix to follow all of it.

11. RocketsPimp

Kevin Love
    Wilson Chandler
    Arron Afflalo

for

Stephen Curry
    Joakim Noah

1 person likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's crazy. Noah probably winds up better than Love in this format. Chandler probably gets replaced with Randolph. Hopefully hehe.

13. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My team may not win a game this year...................everyone is officially earned a position on the trade block!!!!

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah I know. I think I fell in love with Love too much.

I kept thinking if/when Boozer comes back the double/double streak could take a hit and overall his rebound and scoring numbers would decline.

I was trying to get more out of Rockets Pimp but he kept throwing the injuries and what not at me.... I usually end up with equal value in trades but I think I blew this one. :(

This wasn't the original trade we had in place at all.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Which one are you? Rednecks?

16. RocketsPimp

You think? Love just needs to be shown the love by Rambo and he can be a monster. I still expect Noah to take a hit when Boozer returns.

He's Rook.

17. fadeaway

You don't fool me. You say all these tactful things more or less out of obligation, but what you're really thinking on the inside is "Man, I totally raped that guy in this trade... woohoo!!" ;)

I can't believe that your lowball offer strategy seems to work so frequently. It seems every year you pull off one of these deals. I remember you getting Kobe for pretty much nothing a few years back, and you made a deal for Al Jefferson that would have been considered a steal had he not hurt his leg shortly afterward. Are you sure you aren't somehow related to Daryl Morey? :p

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No, he just managed sweet talk me. :eek:

I was the one who approached him for Love and this negotiating started during the draft and ended there. I know it looks bad now but I have confidence in my squad even after that trade.

Yeah that team is ugly.

19. RocketsPimp

Don't forget:

Shareef and Gooden for Garnett.
    Paul Pierce for an old John Stockton and mediocre Latrell Spreewell.

:grin:

Hide your kids, hide your wife!

20. fadeaway

I suggest we blackball him. Who's with me? ;)