1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn Classic Fantasy Hoops 09-10 Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, I admit I was just having fun with you, it seems like someone else is being a jack*@@......................

I guess I can't mess with Pimp, because he takes it personal, can't have a little fun and gets his panties all up in a wad............

I guess next time you offer me your two worst players (that you just picked up on the ww, that nobody else wanted) for my best player (one I drafted in the first round or two), I will just accept it and thank you so much.............. :rolleyes:

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Not saying anything about anybody in particular, mind you. But the "I'll give you 2 (or 3) crappy players for your 1 good player" trade offers always crack me up. How hard would it be to look at the trade from the other side of the fence and see if that's something that you'd ever consider if you were the other guy (and not high or drunk)? If every trade you offer is your multiple bench guys for someone else's stud, maybe you should reconsider your trading philosophy. Because in fantasy, as in the NBA, the team that gets the best player generally wins the trade.

3. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't say it any better...............

I would add an unbalanced trade (2 for 1, 3 for 2) typically means you need to drop someone and if that someone is part of the trade, which in a lot of cases is the case, then it turns out to be a swap of your bench guy for the other persons starter.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I offered fade Jason Terry for Derrick Rose, I think they had similar FP avgs, so I figured it was worth a shot.

then he offered me his worst player for Lebron James.

I was deeply emotionally hurt and I had to douche my vag out for the next week because i felt so violated and used.

Men will never understand the agony of being used as a rape victim.

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Fair enough. I will try and control my vaginitis from now on.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

You totally deserved it after your multiple BS counter offers in footy for what I considered to be decent deals, or at least decent starting points for negotiations.

I admit I took a great deal of satisfaction in that proposal and am pleased that it caused you such emotional anguish. Now crawl away with some bonbons and red wine, and lament the day we crossed paths.

HO HO HO.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can we turn this league into a keeper one day? I have never been in one before and we have a handful of people in this group that are way too dedicated.

8. RocketsPimp

I don't mind. I also don't mind someone else taking over as commissioner next season (hint, hint).

9. fadeaway

No way. The LeBron team gets too much of an advantage. The possibility of never having a chance to land him for the next ten years makes me cry.

10. fadeaway

You say that every year. Face it, you're stuck with it. We all know it's a love-hate relationship. :p

11. RocketsPimp

OK, then we make a rule that no 1st (2nd, etc) rounders can be kept or something similar like none of picks 1-(insert #) can be kept. Just a thought.

12. RocketsPimp

[​IMG]

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ah, I kind of meant like starting as a keeper next year. Re-draft from scratch, because certainly no one drafted with keepers in mind this season.

14. fadeaway

Sure, but only if I get the #1 pick. :grin:

15. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

I was thinking just that...what pushed me to take the route I did was a concern that Howard may not be play consistently (i.e. take off the 2nd game of a back to back) for a good while. In a daily transaction league you can deal with that much better than our format.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lou Williams yay

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What site do you guys use to see which teams play the most games in particular weeks? If you hide that info it just means you are scared..

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've said this before, but all I do is click on the player profiles and it shows the upcoming schedules.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In the FA pool? I know you can view that info on the "set lineup" page, but what if I want to see if there is a guy available playing an extra game this week. I know some websites have that tool I just can't locate em at the moment.

20. RocketsPimp

Rototimes has one.