1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bobby Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Oct 25, 2016.

1. CertifiedTroll

I am going to have to revisit the fact that we did trade away Michael Beasley for Tyler Ennis. Who would you rather have on the court creating their own points? Beasley or Bobby Brown?

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I understand your frustration, but in my opinion Prigioni is not much better either. If you're relying on a 40-year-old to be your primary point guard, you're ****ed. Bobby at least is younger and a bigger offensive threat than Prigioni.

3. hvic

hvic Member

If we are relying on BB then we are in major trouble

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets made the right move.

5. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

now I'm sad

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Long term maybe, but better served getting playing time with the Vipers. Brown can at least make something happen while Harden sits, at least relative to our other PG options. It's hard to really like any of them, actually. Personally I liked Prigs just for being solid and directing traffic.

7. Remlap

Remlap Member

Yes, but with Bev down we need guard help. Beasley can't run the point.
    I believe it came down to 3 primary factors
    1) Ennis can't score
    2) Payton can't score
    3) Brown was James' invite and CAN score

I don't believe it was because Brown was so good. Just that the others were so bad.

I'm STILL shocked we dumped Prigs for Ennis. Don't understand that move unless there is a trade in the works.
    Can we trade him to Shanghai for Fredette?

D-rock likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

And i agree with that, i'm obviously not saying Prigioni is that much better overall, they're both in the same category, i just think Pablo is a better/smart presence on the court, and i think we need that kind of player but again, that's just me.

Remlap likes this.
  9. ballgame

ballgame Member

I agree with what you are saying BUT I think BB is a better passer, so he fits this offense better than Beasley. A lot of what Beasley did last year was one on one, if you look at BB in during the San Antonio game he was getting his own shot but passing during the process.

10. hvic

hvic Member

yeah you are right, Beasley played like he was playing at 24. 1 man offense with no passing

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Van Gundy would have cut All of them.

12. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

As far as benchwarmers whom you hope don't have to play a single minute the whole year go, Bobby Brown is fine. The only statistic that matters on that 15th spot is off court presence.

13. ballgame

ballgame Member

We are not relying on him. He may get 10 - 15 mins a game, if that. But while he is on the court, we need someone who can keep the score board moving. Take a looooong look at our bench; Brewer, Nene/Capela, Dekker, KJ, Wiltjer, Ennis, who out of that group is going to put the ball in the basket???

Remlap likes this.
  14. hvic

hvic Member

Brewer all the way lol. You are right BG. Hopefully Dekker and Wiljer will be able to score and help out.

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The only reason is that he showed just how good he could be in th epreseason in the last couple of games. Asa result they were forced to to have him on the team for the present. So don't hate hime a she is now our Rocket player for 2016 - 2017. Thanks Y

16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

So Bobby Brown has a non guaranteed contract with a non guaranteed role who will probably be waived when Bev is 110% healthy and ready to return? Yea sounds good to me. Brown may not play a single minute of NBA basketball for this team unless it's garbage time and everyone is trippin about it. Ennis nor Wiltjer will get minutes either, both will probably spend significant time in the Dleague while MDA figures out his rotation b4 the start of the game tomorrow. My point is that it doesn't matter who's on the roster after the 8th or 9th men simply because they weren't going to get significant minutes if any. MDA probably has an idea on his rotation that would probably only be about 8-9 men deep which would include:

Harden/ Gordon
    Gordon/ KJ
    Ariza/Brew
    RYno/Dekker
    Capela/Nene
    MDA has clearly stated he wants Gordon or Harden on the court at all times when one sits. I actually like our second unit lineup, they bring energy, ball movement, and speed.

17. CertifiedTroll

Poor mans Jimmer. Locked and loaded.

18. hakeemthagreat

There are such things in the NBA called injuries that occur more often than not. All it takes is one injury and your 8th or 9th man is expected to play significant minutes

19. craguin

craguin Member

Bobby Brown is a lot closer to Trevor Ariza; they've known each other when they were teenagers.

[ESPN] "The L.A. In My Game," with Trevor Ariza
    Ariza: Westchester Park, it started out being [L.A. Sparks guard] Noelle Quinn. She was just sick back in the day, when we were younger. She was the best player I ever met. This is when I was 9, 10 years old. [...] Then I started to meet other people like Marcus Williams, Bobby Brown, Hassan Adams. People I went to high school with, though the AAU circuit and stuff.

-----
    [LA Times - March 23, 2003] Westchester, Ariza Rise to Challenge
    [...] Trevor Ariza of Westchester High scored 30 points Saturday night to lead the Comets to their second consecutive state Division I boys' basketball championship with a 73-63 victory over Oakland Tech before 7,015 at Arco Arena. [...]
    Bobby Brown scored 13 points and Johnson 10 for Westchester.

-----

Brown and James Harden have been playing in the Drew League for years (there's YouTube video going back to Summer 2009).
    They didn't play on the same team, Brown's LA Unified (LAUNFD), until Summer 2015, I believe.

Going back to what @kevtse wrote in post #8, knowing the right people helps open doors for you.

Vivi likes this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member