1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob McNair: We’re working on getting a quarterback

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rawbrah, Jan 13, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DeAndre Hopkins must not want to play with a good QB, wants to spend his entire career in Houston <a href="https://t.co/vnMDv6HHZz">https://t.co/vnMDv6HHZz</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/699318702106419202">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:grin:

2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

^^ **** them hoes.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly. It's that kind of troll nonsense that prevents me from ever taking them fully seriously.

4. conquistador#11

where would they want nuke to go to the teams espn covers the most? Typical fantasy stat guy.

It's why the NFL is the best. For The most part, talent always stays with the team that drafted him . He grows to love the city, so much that even when things go sour and age take it's toll, they come back to their original teams. leave the super team seeking divas to that roundbouncyball sport.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Seriously...... AJ's Hall of Fame worthy career was wasted in a Texans uniform... Watt''s career is close to half done and all his brilliance has been sadly squandered... and now Hopkins wants to stick his nose for eternity into the pig sty. His call, but I suspect he feels different around 30.

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I didn't realize players in the prime of their career had the ability to select their team based on franchise performance, starting QB, head coach and front office, regardless of cap implications.

you might think about becoming a player rep if you can pull that off. Calvin Johnson sure coulda used you.

otherwise, this is a run of the mill fluff piece that garners mild shock value from the PFT tweet and otherwise is insignificant.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's sad is that whiny assholes like this will still celebrate as if they are fans if the Texans win the SB but they won't deserve it.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They can leave in free agency no? Hopkins is a free agent next year.

But it doesn't seem like many star players move in the NFL

9. Mr. Clutch

To be fair there were a couple really good teams under the previous regime and they won the AFC south last year (yes it was a weak division)

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hate to tell you, Most great players in the NFL do not play, let alone win a Super Bowl. They are paid alot of money. If you go chasing a ring, there is no assurance you will get it (see Andre Johnson). Where they deserve a ring is irrelevant. JJ Watt signed his contract knowing the Texans' QB situation.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It is even worse in the NBA, most great players don't get to play in the Finals, let alone win a Championship. That is why most choose money because there is no assurance that chasing a ring by moving teams is the best option.

12. Mr. Clutch

Yep. In the NBA an individual player has more of an impact. I mean Peyton is arguably the best QB ever, and he only got one ring in his prime then got carried to anther

13. Buck Turgidson

Reggie White made it to his 1st Super Bowl at age 35 after 14 pro seasons.

1 person likes this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

I guess he didn't have any heart or leadership

1 person likes this.
  15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Franchise for up to 2 years says no

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I call it heartership. Only a couple of guys have "it" Definitely not Cam Newton, but definitely Peyton Manning, who definitely did not have it, until a week ago.

1 person likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I miss Reggie White and his benign, cartoonish views on race. He said Asians could turn a watch into a microwave. ^_^

19. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Helluva football player. Not one of the great thinkers of our time.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Other than the fact he had, you know, a (possible) Hall of Fame career....

He's been in the league five years and suffered one losing season; been to the playoffs and been named DPOY three times. And he's in every other commercial on most Sundays. I think he's done OK...

Players are no different from workers like you and me; they genuinely crave consistency and growing roots. They're not nearly as mercenary as fans often make them out to be and winning, while important, isn't as easy to obtain as security.

1 person likes this.