1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob McNair is considering Texans for Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

15? RG3 drama is huge and dominates Washington sports media. DC and Houston are actually pretty similar sports towns in that whole region is football centric while the rest of the teams are mainly for diehards (except for the playoffs).

2. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Re: ESPN Cleveland report that Bills are still a candidate for Hard Knox: NFL source told me Bills are firmly out, but keep an eye on Texans</p>&mdash; Sal Capaccio (@SalSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/601738833563099136">May 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/17585/redskins-not-candidates-for-hard-knocks
    Looking more and more like us!

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I can't see BOB going for this and it appears with the ways things are being run now he's running the show.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Foster, Watt, and Cushing is PLUS entertainment.

Clowney you are curious about and we have a QB battle.

It has to be us.

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And Quessenberry.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Second year, hot shot head coach who's radically revamping the team.

Clowney coming back.

Cushing trying to get back while mentoring a young rookie.

Vince Wilfork coming to Houston, trying to mentor a young, unmotivated kid.

JJ Watt.

New additions.

The revamped receiving corps including Shorts and Strong - the young rookie with a chip on his shoulder after a draft day fall.

Patriots south.

DQ.

I could prolly think of more.

7. cdain3

cdain3 Member

You forgot Arian Foster.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yep. Foster.

I didn't even mention the QB situation, the loss of Andre, the potential changing of the guard at corner, the young tight ends trying to become players, and many more.

9. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

If it happens I'll subscribe to cable

10. prohibido

prohibido Member

This would be the worst possible thing for the team for people that want the Texans to win.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Why?

I dont think so.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Really hope this happens. Loved watching that short Watt segment during the Falcons Hard Knocks.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sounds like a huge distraction to me.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Cringe so hard when I see this.

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

You sound like a huge p***y to me.

16. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I think so too, but the national bias against all things Houston could factor into account. The media loves Rex Ryan and everyone loves to watch a train wreck...ala the redskins.

17. TheresTheDagger

Maybe. But the world LOVES J.J. Watt right now. He could single handedly put Houston over the top.

18. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

This is what the media is reporting. Texans will get it because we have JJ.

19. Buck Turgidson

Not to get racial or anything, but I will: with Brady being persona non grata these days, JJ Watt is the most marketable whiteguy in the NFL now. Maybe Rodgers?

20. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-knocks-lets-nfl-putt-watt-front-and-center/

J.J. Watt is just the kind of player the NFL wants to market, a fierce warrior on the field who turns into an easygoing, likable guy as soon as the game ends. So with process of elimination seeming to leave the Texans as the team that will be featured on this year’s Hard Knocks, it’s a good bet that NFL Films will put Watt front and center.

Watt is the NFL’s best defensive player but is not as well known to a mass audience as some of the league’s biggest stars. Hard Knocks is a way for the league to humanize Watt and bolster his popularity.

Hard Knocks also needs Watt because the Texans are, frankly, not as compelling a team as some of the past teams featured on the show. Coach Bill O’Brien isn’t made for reality TV the way Rex Ryan is, and although the Texans’ quarterback competition will be a major element of training camp, Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett don’t exactly make for appointment television.

So it will be Watt around whom the upcoming season of Hard Knocks will be featured. At a time when many well-known players are getting attention for the wrong reasons, the NFL will like that.