1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bo McCalebb - The European Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by HMMMHMM, May 11, 2012.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Is he dating Kim Kardashian?

2. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I like his ability to get to the hoop and finish. Knows how to avoid shot blockers and shoot through contact. Not sure how his play style would fit with the Rockets, but with the PG situation the way it is, you gotta be interested.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bring in the Euro Dream, Maori!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GOI7xYL53bY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Before wizard gm mobilizes resources for an all-out twitter campaign, how much money can Lester make for Uncle Le$?

5. gah

gah Member

Just a heads up, he is playing with Macedonia in the final Olympics qualifier tourney. Today he'll be going against Al Horford and the DR (Karl Towns Jr. will be bench-warming) at 5pm ET. FIBA's website is supposed do free live streams. Macedonia is a clear favorite.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Horford still can't post up to save his life. Quite sad.

FWIW Macedonia for whatever reason was only favored by -4. Not sure why people contiune to underrate them. Easy money.

7. Carl Herrera

8. sinobball

sinobball Member

So did you make the bet?

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yeah. :eek:

Still would take MKD -4 10/10 times. Francisco feaking Garcia. C'mon.

Was only paying half attention, but didn't look like Bo had a great game. Still put up 35 on a pretty decent percentage though, so...

10. gah

gah Member

Yep, that's why he isn't a 20+ scorer in the NBA. Color me impressed with McCalebb, as Carl can confirm I can vouch that he's a better dunker than Dragic.

Now allow me to hi-jack this thread because we just won our most important game in recent history since it will give us the chance to classify to the Olympics for the first time, we're inside the remaining 4 and the top 3 are the one's who get to go.

We won by 10 after being down 20, How did we do it? Francisco Garcia came back from the dead; Macedonia is more skilled and look like they get to train a lot more while in general their players also play in superior leagues, BUt, aside from McCalebb, they can coin the definition of un-athletic. We crushed them on the boards, they made Horford look like he was Dwight Howard going up against Luc Longley, credit to Calipari because he seemed to have ordered to push and push the ball and that's what got us back in the game, Macedonia couldn't keep up, we fell on their laps at the beginning for playing the slow game.

Greece, the highest ranked team of this tournament got stunned by Nigeria and with that say bye to the Olympics. Lithuania, favored, is going against Puerto Rico right now and the winner goes to the semis against DR. Even though we always have a rivalry going on with them, I hope PR wins as it would assure that at least one of our little islands is going to the Olympics.

I know most of you don't care and I don't blame you but I'm pretty stoked right now, I was not expecting this.

Now let me throw you a bone with my opinion, Bo looks like a great scorer but I only got faint hints of play-making ability from him, it was especially lacking down the stretch when his team sorely needed it, I guess this is the main reason why there's not a bigger buzz surrounding him, and with him being 27 yrs old already, I don't think he'll get a great offer to play in the NBA, he is right in saying he'll probably earn more money staying in Europe.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

gah, I have to root for Lithuania making the Olympics. A country where so many people are intensely passionate about basketball has a special place in my heart. I will be VERY disappointed if they don't beat PR and DR.

I figure Nigeria will be the odd team out. Russia will clobber them and the loser of LTU vs DR will win the 3rd place game.

12. gah

gah Member

Yeah, that's why I like our chances but Nigeria is unpredictable, they lose against weak competition (Venezuela) but then turn and beat Lithuania and Greece.

Second half just started Lithuania only by two, you watching?

13. sinobball

sinobball Member

I'm watching, very intense game. Ridiculous amount of fouls. 2min left, 1pt game. I think LTU will win but I'm rooting for PR.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The non-call on Kleiza against Arroyo was a game-changer. Wish the NBA called it that way.

15. sinobball

sinobball Member

Game tied again. The flop that threw PJ Ramos off was also way too ridiculous, Baron Davis-esque.

Meanwhile, the greatest Vspan fan of all time, OHMSS has published a long essay on how FIBA refs are conspiring against European teams, here's the link if anyone wants a laugh
    http://forums.interbasket.net/showt...quot-Punished-quot-By-FIBA-In-This-Tournament

16. Carl Herrera

How much does Bo make in Europe again?

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kind of sloppy at the end but it was exciting. Jasikevicius hit those FTs like nothing was at stake. How old is he?

18. Carl Herrera

Much more clutch than JJ Barea. Amazing how he packaged so much choke in so small a body.

19. gah

gah Member

Great game, wish I could have taken a better look at that travelling call. Barea with a stupid turnover though it only costed them one point. Jasikevicius ended up being the hero, he's 36 yrs old now.

20. gah

gah Member